Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

68D missing clad layer

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

another missing clad layer coin in my collection.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be the pictures, however, that does not look like a missing clad layer....Have you checked the weight? Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko its the pics. Everone is always complaining about my photos. Its certified and looks darker than the photo.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234.... OK.... I did say it might be the pictures.... As we have seen, coin photography can be so deceptive.... even when not on purpose... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

The quarter showed it much better in the slab shot

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine yes the quarter looks amazing. The dime is not bright red like the quarter is. Its brown with some red tinges.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@telephoto1 thats what I was thinking about that Corvette.

• Options

@Zoins looking for the quarter but found one of my dimes. LOL

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great dime @gumby1234!

At first I thought it might be a toner from the photos! It looks nicely struck!

Good to know it's missing a layer and certified!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file