Home U.S. Coin Forum

Got these cool silver items in the mail today!

ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always like the Intaglio Mint products, but never ordered any until now. I saw the 1794 tribute dollar, but that was sold out. But I also saw the tribute 1792 Birch Cent struck in a 2 ounce silver round, and it was still available, so I ordered one standard issue and one with the antique finish. Both are true works of art and quality! I don't stack silver but I definitely welcome these into my collection; they were fun to image!

Comments

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Intaglio Mint does some outstanding work. I have the octagonal Pan Pac issue as well as the Walking Liberty round. Both are excellent!

• KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine today also. The fractional mercury and the morgan will be part of upcoming wedding of my son. Putting together precious metals as part of the wedding tradition. So far I have $5 AEGs, silver $1 AES' and a few BU rounds.

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are super cool! I missed out on those.
    I have a Libertas Americana 2oz and just ordered the 1878 Morgan.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Intaglio Mint does excellent work....Those silver rounds in the OP are impressive. Cheers, RickO

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up my 2oz birch cent yesterday , along with the barber half 2oz I was missing and the St. Gaudens 1c tribute also in 2oz

The dimes look really good, but I’ve been on the 2oz kick

It's all about what the people want...

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just last year I found Intaglio. Paid $38 for the 2oz octagon panPac. So dang nice I bought 3more. Sometimes I surprise myself with how lucky I get. ( I sure have bought some junk😂)

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over the past six months I’ve purchased a wide variety of their 2 oz products (each around 1/4 inch thick). The artwork is gorgeous, and their pricing extremely reasonable for the quality!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Airtite makes an awesome holder for the deeper 2oz only mention it because had some problems but the airtite even held the octagon 😊

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

get on their waitlist for the 1794.

they will email when back in stock

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use to get all excited buying ounce silver rounds and tangles but when silver hit $37 years back.........toodie-oo! :smile:
    Still have a few around though.........the ones I liked/kept.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file