Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is anyone going to the Cincinnati Coin Expo this weekend?

I am looking forward to it.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking forward to your show report. ;) Cheers, RickO

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2021 12:29PM

I have not been to that show in about 20 years. It is just too far. We will need a show report.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that the old Drawbridge show?

• I think it is the old Drawbridge show. I will do my best to give a full report.

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quincyboy, stop by and say hello. I will be setup as Coins Plus.

This is the old Drawbridge show that was moved to the Sharonville convention center. Paul Padgett was the promoter until this year when he sold it to our local coin club, The Cincinnati Numismatic Association. We have added YN activities and a slate of educational presentations on Saturday.

If anyone else is coming to town for the show please stop and introduce yourself.

Thanks, Brad

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to go to the Drawbridge show 25-30 years ago. It was a good show for cherrypicking varieties. Haven't been there for 20 years, tho. I also used to go to the Hara show in Dayton, which was even better.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, It's closer than St. Louis isn't it?

@golden said:
    I have not been to that show in about 20 years. It is just too far. We will need a show report.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Hmmm, It's closer than St. Louis isn't it?

@golden said:

Probably, but I have been to Summer Fun and then St. Charles and next up is the ANA and then BRNA. Four shows in such a short time is enough for me. Twenty years ago I probably would have attended the Cincinnati show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file