Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

shipment from psa stalled/lost questions

blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

had a two card order pop. two big cards. usually shipping from psa takes 3 to 4 days to arrive. cards were shipped back on the 13th. nothing after the 13th has been updated other than on the 17th stating "your order has been delayed". the 17th was the original delivery date. i have signed up for text updates/alerts

so i guess my questions are...

1. how much longer before you freak?
  2. after that time has elapsed, who's the 1st call to here? usps or psa?
  3. if it is lost, who's headache for insurance reimbursement is this?
  4. one of the cards is a ssp and probably 10 or less. currently a psa 10, pop 1 with no others even graded lower. think it was subbed raw at $2499 level however i was surprised i didn't get upcharged when it 10d. i think it is significantly worth 3-4xs that raw level. how would this insurance reimbursement even begin to take place with zero comps out there? a raw example hasn't even surfaced yet.

July 17, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

July 13, 2021, 8:56 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
ANAHEIM CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 13, 2021, 7:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

July 13, 2021, 6:44 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

i still have faith in the usps and not freaking yet. but the wheels are spinning in what to do should we get to that point...

Comments

• Options

meow.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put in on informed delivery for lost package. I would do it now, it has worked doe me every time

• Options

Doe=For

• Options

@blurryface said:
    had a two card order pop. two big cards. usually shipping from psa takes 3 to 4 days to arrive. cards were shipped back on the 13th. nothing after the 13th has been updated other than on the 17th stating "your order has been delayed". the 17th was the original delivery date. i have signed up for text updates/alerts

4. one of the cards is a ssp and probably 10 or less. currently a psa 10, pop 1 with no others even graded lower. think it was subbed raw at $2499 level however i was surprised i didn't get upcharged when it 10d. i think it is significantly worth 3-4xs that raw level. how would this insurance reimbursement even begin to take place with zero comps out there? a raw example hasn't even surfaced yet.

July 17, 2021
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

i still have faith in the usps and not freaking yet. but the wheels are spinning in what to do should we get to that point...

Since PSA has already given the package to USPS, contact your local postmaster and go from there.. PSA is essentially out of the picture right now on the shipment.

• Options

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

Since PSA has already given the package to USPS, contact your local postmaster and go from there.. PSA is essentially out of the picture right now on the shipment.

even though they shipped & purchased the insurance for it?

• Options

@dan89 said:
    Put in on informed delivery for lost package.

dan,

novice on this. what do you mean? a trace? do i do this on the usps site or go to the post office itself?

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

There is another Subber here who I piggybacked a few on his order. His sub is somewhere in the 5K range. No word in weeks! Ups Tracking shows it never moved after it exited PSA to local PO!

YeehaW!

Neil

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

usually 7 days with no scans is when I start to worry… it hasn’t been a week yet so I’m guessing it shows up. good luck!

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

I would call PSA and at least put the ball in their court. They are the ones that informed you that there was and problem, so they new it before you. And since Cal. is having problems with the virus, it ismore than likely stuck in Cal. and they can find it easier than you. The last message to you stated it was in transit to the next facility, I bet the next facility is in Cal. And ask what happens if you never get your package.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Sorry this has happened to you. No advise on what steps to take on this transaction. I switched to Fedex and haven’t had any problems with deliveries or lost shipments.

• Options

@jayhawke said:
    Sorry this has happened to you. No advise on what steps to take on this transaction. I switched to Fedex and haven’t had any problems with deliveries or lost shipments.

im a fedex guy too. but ironically a few months back during that major ice storm / covid timeframe, stuff got very very weird w fedex losing and taking a month to deliver overnight packages. it was certainly something unprecedented. so i elected usps for about 10 subs sent off during that timeframe since i didnt know what was going to occur. i have since switched back.

• Options

@addicted2ebay said:
    usually 7 days with no scans is when I start to worry… it hasn’t been a week yet so I’m guessing it shows up. good luck!

@1959 said:
    I would call PSA and at least put the ball in their court. They are the ones that informed you that there was and problem, so they new it before you. And since Cal. is having problems with the virus, it ismore than likely stuck in Cal. and they can find it easier than you. The last message to you stated it was in transit to the next facility, I bet the next facility is in Cal. And ask what happens if you never get your package.

i had another 10 card order pop. mailed 7/20 arrived about an hour ago. 😳

July 22, 2021, 6:10 am
    Out for Delivery
    CHARLESTON, SC 29492

July 22, 2021, 1:31 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    CHARLESTON SC PROCESSING CENTER

July 21, 2021
    In Transit to Next Facility

July 20, 2021, 11:04 pm

July 20, 2021, 8:29 pm

July 20, 2021, 7:14 pm
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 20, 2021

• Options

You have to be signed into your informed delivery site. IIRC navigate back to home and then click right on lost package. Follow the prompts, applicable package, where it is coming from blah, blah, it should reconcile right up and local PO should send an email with case#. If anything starts the process and has always worked

@blurryface said:

@dan89 said:

dan,

novice on this. what do you mean? a trace? do i do this on the usps site or go to the post office itself?

• Options

@dan89 said:
    You have to be signed into your informed delivery site. IIRC navigate back to home and then click right on lost package. Follow the prompts, applicable package, where it is coming from blah, blah, it should reconcile right up and local PO should send an email with case#. If anything starts the process and has always worked

@blurryface said:

@dan89 said:

dan,

aha! on it. thank you!

• Options

Just tell PSA..... Big Al is coming from New Yack with lil Petey. I bet things will show up then.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a similar nightmare incident like that from June 20th to July 3rd.
    I also had my postmaster (who is really cool) help me track down my mailer.

• Options
    professorpuckprofessorpuck Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

Definitely open a case with USPS. https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

A good amount of the time, that kicks stuff loose.

When it comes to insurance, it's on PSA for the return.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dan89 said:
    Put in on informed delivery for lost package. I would do it now, it has worked doe me every time

This. Filing a claim usually gets it going again.

If it it's truly lost, PSA will reimburse you but only for the declared value which may be less than actual value now post-grading. In that case, it's best to have a collectible insurance policy like Collect Insure (which I believe you have). That covers up to 60K if shipped with signature confirmation via USPS Express or Fed Ex but only $2500 for USPS Priority with signature confirmation.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently, the reporting systems and shipping times within the postal service have been a little wonky. Some of this is anticipated stuff as the postal service continues to modernize.

Point is, if you can be patient (I know it’s been almost 10 days already) then it will most likely arrive late next week - whenever a postal delay is reported like that it is usually a volume issue; perhaps there’s just a bevy of key personnel on vacation and things have slowed.

The next step is a postal freeze or hold. Wherever it is, it stops there and is located at that facilty and you can usually go from there and reach out to that postmaster, or give them the means of contacting you.

Be kind and cordial and convey the issue (a “great sentimental value package” is sufficient) and they’ll typically go out of their way to help.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface

Also, you can get updates forwarded via text message to your cell.

And I would alert PSA - while they probably can’t help with the missing package they can help you max out what you get from the post office in the event of the worst.

I hope it’s just stuck, which is my guess.

Ever worked in an office? You know what it’s like when the boss or the ‘key guy’ is out on vacation; people goof off and/or work slows down. And if you ARE that guy, you know how miserable that first day or two back is while you clean up mistakes…

…hang in there and stay positive.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@grote15 said:

@dan89 said:

If it it's truly lost, PSA will reimburse you but only for the declared value which may be less than actual value now post-grading. In that case, it's best to have a collectible insurance policy like Collect Insure (which I believe you have). That covers up to 60K if shipped with signature confirmation via USPS Express or Fed Ex but only $2500 for USPS Priority with signature confirmation.

grote,

what is the length of time before something is considered “officially” lost? 30 days at a minimum i would think? yes on collectinsure 😉. luckily ive never had to file and have to check my policy but i thought shipping was only covered if sending to or fro on your shipping account? i know i paid for shipping, but was sent from psa on their account. fine print time there, i guess. will definitely update if it gets to that point.

i have gone ahead and filed a usps case.

@dan89 i was not able to do an “informed delivery” request. it said my address was not available for said service but to check back. thanks for help though! definitely learned something new there and i appreciate it.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2021 5:57PM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @blurryface

Also, you can get updates forwarded via text message to your cell.

And I would alert PSA - while they probably can’t help with the missing package they can help you max out what you get from the post office in the event of the worst.

I hope it’s just stuck, which is my guess.

Ever worked in an office? You know what it’s like when the boss or the ‘key guy’ is out on vacation; people goof off and/or work slows down. And if you ARE that guy, you know how miserable that first day or two back is while you clean up mistakes…

…hang in there and stay positive.

unfortunately i am that guy. when people ask me what i do, i just respond that “im firefighter”. seems that all i do is put out fires other folks started. 😉. id really like to say that im a tack hammerist though.

definitely staying positive. just cards at the end of the day!

• Options
    edited July 22, 2021 6:59PM

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

@dan89 said:

grote,

what is the length of time before something is considered “officially” lost? 30 days at a minimum i would think? yes on collectinsure 😉. luckily ive never had to file and have to check my policy but i thought shipping was only covered if sending to or fro on your shipping account? i know i paid for shipping, but was sent from psa on their account. fine print time there, i guess. will definitely update if it gets to that point.

i have gone ahead and filed a usps case.

@dan89 i was not able to do an “informed delivery” request. it said my address was not available for said service but to check back. thanks for help though! definitely learned something new there and i appreciate it.

I have checked into this with Collect Insure. Your policy covers loss to and from PSA for your collectibles up to the maximum thresholds stipulated in the policy, as determined by their claims adjuster. (In your case, probably $2500, as PSA likely used USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation.)

"Officially" is a relative term. I've seen packages start tracking again weeks or even months after going dark. I'd say 30 days is probably a sufficient length of time to pass before initiating a claim though. USPS insurance when purchased allows a claim to be filed well before that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

@blurryface said:

@nymutts said:

@blurryface said:

July 17, 2021

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

July 13, 2021

Although PSA initiated the shipment, I’d still be inclined to contact my postmaster. Would probably be quicker than requesting PSA to do it. Also, easier to get a follow up status from your postmaster. This isn’t meant as a knock on PSA, just probably faster starting locally.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

I shipped a Priority Box to CGC in Florida, and it took a little over 2 weeks. It's not lost till 30 days, so there is no claim yet. I would do the Trace, but really it will probably pop up in the next week or so, Probably just bouncing around the midwest somewhere.

• Options

@blurryface, sure thing. Weird on they can’t from your address? I’m sure it will turn up.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the case here, but I sold a $600 card on ebay from and TN to UT, sent priority. Three days later it go "lost" in the system. After 7 days, the buyer started worrying, so I went to the post office and found out that on some cross country (and probably others) shipments, the packages get transferred to FedEx, and while they are still tracked internally with them, it doesnt show up on the USPS tracking, so that is where yours might be

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

i guess this is good news even though it still hasnt had any updated scan activity:

“This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

We apologize about the inconvenience but your package is still in transit to our facility.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service. We appreciate your reporting this matter to us. It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements. The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me. “

• Options

@blurryface said:
    i guess this is good news even though it still hasnt had any updated scan activity:

“This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

We apologize about the inconvenience but your package is still in transit to our facility.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service. We appreciate your reporting this matter to us. It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements. The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me. “

I had one of these packages stuck in shipment hell in december and received the response you received. a day or two later the package showed up

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

I think that is good news. At least , they are well aware of the problem and your package has not been lost. "still in transit". Someone went to the trouble of sending you that message, so , hats off to them. I think you will get the package soon.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2021 6:35PM

@blurryface said:

I dont mean pee in your Cheerios but that sentence in bold type sounds like boilerplate verbiage to me.

However, making them aware will hopefully result in someone tracking it down. Filing a claim has been effective overall from what I've seen.

• Options

@grote15 said:

I dont mean pee in your Cheerios but that sentence in bold type sounds like boilerplate verbiage to me.

However, making them aware will hopefully result in someone tracking it down. Filing a claim has been effective overall from what I've seen.

by all means, pee away. i prefer dead honesty vs fluff.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

I don't want to pile on you either but I followed the same procedures you and received the same generic message from USPS. My package eventually arrived and I kept getting that same generic message for months afterward. Personally, I think they did nothing to track it down and they don't really care.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

I don't want to pile on you either but I followed the same procedures you and received the same generic message from USPS. My package eventually arrived and I kept getting that same generic message for months afterward.

Same thing happened to me in Jan. It was a Priority package sent late Nov 2020 that originated less than 20 miles from my address took almost 8 weeks before it arrived in Mid Jan. Had already filed a claim with my Card issuer.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2021 6:55AM

sucks

• Options

@pab1969 said:

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

I don't want to pile on you either but I followed the same procedures you and received the same generic message from USPS. My package eventually arrived and I kept getting that same generic message for months afterward. Personally, I think they did nothing to track it down and they don't really care.

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@pab1969 said:

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

I don't want to pile on you either but I followed the same procedures you and received the same generic message from USPS. My package eventually arrived and I kept getting that same generic message for months afterward.

Same thing happened to me in Jan. It was a Priority package sent late Nov 2020 that originated less than 20 miles from my address took almost 8 weeks before it arrived in Mid Jan. Had already filed a claim with my Card issuer.

thanks guys. im not in any real rush. id rather them arrive late than arrive never. gonna give it til friday and if not updated, file the claim i guess…

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I hope you eventually get your cards. The ssp PSA 10 (only 1) would have no comps, and any insurance claim will most likely fall short of its true value. I have had packages go missing for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden show up. So hopefully that is the case with yours... Good Luck!

• Options
    edited July 28, 2021 10:04AM

@DotStore said:
    I hope you eventually get your cards. The ssp PSA 10 (only 1) would have no comps, and any insurance claim will most likely fall short of its true value.

thats my exact concern and would prefer not to even venture down that road. it would open a whole can of worms bc psa failed to upcharge me when they should have. of course they probably didn't upcharge me because there are no previous sales/comps. even in raw form. catch 22.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

I too have suffered missing shipments…..nothing showing on usps tracking…. Then weeks later…. it showed up someplace unexpected, and made its way back to me in one piece.

I hope the same for you.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    Mo_MentumMo_Mentum Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

In general, USPS is extremely slow this Summer. Worst I've seen in decades, special services, like Registered, signature restricted delivery, and the like drastically slowing down the works far more than is typical. Like as if the Flying Dutchman (the ghost ship) was making the deliveries. Dead slow. I have no idea how other carriers may and if they are being affected as well, but currently, USPS is the slowest I can ever remember seeing, secure parcels that typically sit in a locked mail bag for sometimes up to a week, now stalled along the delivery route for 10 days or more.

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

Bob, it will show up. I deal with this all the time on Postal shipments. Very frustrating but eventually it will show up

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@DotStore said:
    I hope you eventually get your cards. The ssp PSA 10 (only 1) would have no comps, and any insurance claim will most likely fall short of its true value.

thats my exact concern and would prefer not to even venture down that road. it would open a whole can of worms bc psa failed to upcharge me when they should have. of course they probably didn't upcharge me because there are no previous sales/comps. even in raw form. catch 22.

Don't forget that the PSA T&C's specifically state that an upcharge does NOT change the valuation in terms of lost/damage claims. So it wouldn't have helped you with them per se, but I guess they would be admitting a value in that case, so if it went to court, there's an argument.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:

@blurryface said:

@DotStore said:

Don't forget that the PSA T&C's specifically state that an upcharge does NOT change the valuation in terms of lost/damage claims. So it wouldn't have helped you with them per se, but I guess they would be admitting a value in that case, so if it went to court, there's an argument.

it would be a tough back-peddle for sure! 😉

• Options

@blurryface said:

@grote15 said:

@blurryface said:

happy to report that the box was delivered today. have not gone to the office to pick it up, but hopefully it wasnt delayed due to damage or anything.

per grotes advice, i sent psa an email last friday. took 2-3 days for them to respond, but i was pleased to find out in that initial response that they had already opened the case. so by tues/wed the case was opened and the box was delivered today. seems going ahead and opening a case does jar the system.

i know we give the usps a hard time for the most part, but even my local post master called me every other day giving me updates and such. for all the grief they get, im pretty proud at the system as a whole on this one. fingers just crossed it actually arrived safely now. pleased to report i still havent had to file a claim w collectinsure either.

Great news and a huge relief, just in time for the weekend!

• Options

not gonna lie. was a lil scared after i walked into my office and saw a bag w a psa box inside of it sitting on my desk…

glad to report that both cards arrived in perfect condition and can officially close the book on this one.

shoutout to everyone for the help & sound advice!

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 4:07PM

@thedutymon11 said:
    Morning,

There is another Subber here who I piggybacked a few on his order. His sub is somewhere in the 5K range. No word in weeks! Ups Tracking shows it never moved after it exited PSA to local PO!

YeehaW!

Neil

I was the subber. It was in around the $7,000 range. I received a tracking number, and no sign of the package ever having been tendered to the post office. And I fear it might have happened again, on a much bigger order.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

The USPS isnt getting any better. Shipped a package on August 18th, made it to within 5 miles of its final destination, but not an update in 6 weeks. USPS is of no help as it shows "still in transit", they think it might actually show up after all this time

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY