Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will the ANA bourse be a sellout?

goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ANA opens 3 weeks from today. The bourse at the ANA is usually 500-600 tables. This year it looks like slightly over 400 tables. The tables are priced in 4 different price ranges. They are priced at $1855, $1415 ,$1125 , $775 and corner tables are $2670, $2125 , $1625 and $1075. As of today there are still 34 tables still available in all price ranges. I have not seen this many tables available this late. The 2019 Chicago ANA sold out about 10 days or so before opening day. Several West coast and overseas dealers have not purchased a table yet. I can understand their reluctance to fly. I do not think the bourse will be a sell out this year.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

how many overseas dealers can even get into the country?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Sorry

Hate to bring this up.
    I hope The new outbreak (Covid) does NOT result in another cancelation!
    Sorry, something to think about.
    Hope not! :'(

Broooooooooooo 🤐

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

Want to bet it sells out? Even if they have to offer a couple of dealers the adjacent table at a discount??? The bragging rights "Sold out even during a pandemic" are worth it.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be at least three overseas dealers, Schulman, Kunker and Emporium Hamburg.
    Will the ANA have a mint promenade this year? I don't see a space for the U.S. mint. It will
    a big disappointment if they have to cancel because of a new COVID variant.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it does not get cancelled.... Usually some good reports from this show. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wont be attending this year. It should be a great show for those there but summer for my daughter was real short and we have fun stuff planned that week. I am sure they will make it a sellout on paper.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

The show opens two weeks from today and there are still 32 tables available.

• Options

2/3 of those are in the foreign/ancient section. I just hope they don't cancel the show.

• Options

13 are in the Ancient and Foreign section. I also am starting to wonder about the possibility of the show being cancelled by the city or state.

• Options

Or a mandate for masks. How many of the dealers and collectors would just take a pass.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a mandate for masks.

I'll just pin my vaccination card to my lapel and tell the Mask Mafia "Go ahead. Make my day."

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

The national sports card and collectibles convention is going on there (same building) right now. I feel that will be a good way to gauge how this type of event will go over. The “national” will be bigger than ANA. Hopefully we hear only good things in the upcoming days.

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barring a calamity I highly doubt they'd cancel this close to the show. Will it sell out? IMO, no... but it will still look full.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

Now the ANA has blacked out some unrented corner tables which only leaves 11 tables supposedly available. A subterfuge to make it look like a sellout.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2021 7:42PM

For those of you who are curious as to the state of the hobby pertaining to
    stamp collecting can attend the stamp show running at the same time. Free
    admission and the U.S. Postal Service will have a sizeable presence. Will the
    U.S. mint be at our coin show? On the ANA table map, there isn't a world mint
    promenade as in previous years. The stamp show is in the same building.

• Options

Yes, the Stamp show opens up on Thursday on the floor over the ANA show. I plan on stopping up there just to get a perspective as to how it compares to the ANA.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

75+ Dealers at the Stamp show is your first tip off.

• Options

It is now down to 8 tables available.

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

The attrition of empties is partially accomplished by adding clubs and organizations right in the middle of the main bourse aisle - Albuquerque Coin Club, NSRT, Coin Talk, Anti-Counterfeiting Foundation - an "educational" roadblock to the lesser Select & Economy dealers that lie beyond?

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    I wont be attending this year. It should be a great show for those there but summer for my daughter was real short and we have fun stuff planned that week. I am sure they will make it a sellout on paper.

It appears you definitely have your priorities straight. The time with your daughter is worth much more. You have my deepest admiration!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not be attending. Rather than put this thread in the ditch, I'll simply say that it has everything to do with the venue location, local regulations, and how I get there. I'd love to go.

Time to move out of Chicagoland - by at least 100 miles.

I hope the show goes on and it is successful.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 4:27PM

You guys prepared for prices beyond stratosphere ? I live 40 minutes away and if I have nothing to sell I wouldn’t go to buy.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:

That was easily one of my favorite posts I’ve ever read here, Todd! And I’ve read more than a few.😉

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

As of 4:30 today only 6 tables left. Slowly, but surely.

• Options

There are 2 tables left not counting the 21 that have been blacked out.

• Options

This morning there were 3 tables available and now there are 5! Looks like several dealers have backed out.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 6:28PM

The market is bouncing off the ceiling aka maxed out. Covid has a variant, traveling is difficult into Chicago area, this is the end, the tailing off begins, but on the bright side it's summer and commems are still cheap

• Options

traveling is difficult into Chicago area

Actually, I find the ANA shows in Rosemont to be just about the easiest to get to. Plenty of direct flights into O'Hare, then I just call my hotel and it's just a five-minute free shuttle to the hotel which is right across the street from the Convention Center. If the ANA were to make Chicago-Rosemont a semi-permanent location, it would be fine by me.

• Options

Couple of days ago there were only two tables left, now there are five . I wonder
    who backed out.

• Options

Now down to 3 tables.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be thinking of the other 397 tables that are there .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's a lot of pent up demand for the show.

Good luck to everyone!

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday can’t come soon enough for me. I have some coins picked out already that I have seen on dealer’s websites. I want to get there, pick up those and then browse the bourse for everything else :smiley:

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2021 6:05AM

@HashTag said:
    Just heard about a Gamma variant in Chicago. I’m still going but as prepared as possible mask, hand sanitizer etc. Won’t be shaking any hands and after I spent a week teaching my grandson how to greet people🤬

Your efforts weren’t wasted. Your grandson will still benefit greatly from that, even though not as soon as you’d hoped.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

Looks like there will be about 375-380 tables at the show.

• Options

A bit smaller than recent Whitman shows. I'm just glad to be going.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file