Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL WINNER - Trivia for an AU Morgan, AU Franklin, & AU/BU Silver Wash 25c

I have organized quite a few extra coins that I will be moving by the end of July (here, BS&T, eBay etc.).

Three simple geography questions for a total of 3 coins (AU Morgan, AU Franklin, AU/BU Silver Washington 25c and I will even give a few options):
1. what is the southernmost state in the United States (you have a 1 in 50 shot at this) ?
2. what is the largest U.S. state, in area (square miles) that is east of the Mississippi river (1 in a less than 30 if I add that it is not my home state of MD, nor is it RI, CT, or DE) ?
3. what is the U.S. state that is bordered by the most other U.S. states ?

No tiebreaker as I will award this to the first person to correctly guess all 3 first, through Wednesday, 7/10, at 10pm EDT. I'll post the correct answers and winner here shortly after 10pm on 7/10.

Please PM your responses.

Thank you,
Chris
My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??

Comments

• One minor disclaimer, only one PM per person please.
    My eBay Items

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

• 5 PMs with not all 3 correct responses (though I am verifying one, just in case) ... excellent responses thus far.
    My eBay Items

• hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    PM sent!

-Jarrett Roberts
  • After 7 PMs, I received the answers that I had:
    1. Hawaii,
    2. Georgia
    3. Tennessee

However, I am double checking on another response and will be back soon with the confirmation.

Thanks to all the participants, I was amazed that Hawaii did not get more people,
    Chris
    My eBay Items

• bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    PM Sent

Thanks for the chance at some nice coins.image

Randy
  • BTW, #3 did have a second reply, Missouri
    My eBay Items

• Ok, it is official, Jarrett Roberts (hookedoncoins) is the winner.

Here are the correct answers, and why:
    1. Hawaii is the southernmost state in the U.S. (though not in the continental U.S., so people usually forget this one) I think 6 out of 7 got this one correct.
    2. Georgia is the largest state in land area, east of the Mississippi. What is important here is that this is measured in land area as FL is slightly larger though land area is smaller. The other response that caused me to verify was Michigan. Michigan is larger than Georgia in land area, however, the upper penninsule (the one that sits above Wisconsin, is actually a little west of the Mississippi. I am glad that nobody mentioned FL with a correct #1 or #3 or I may have had to award 2 winners with this one as I was not clear to say land area.
    3. Tennessee or Missouri both have 8 other states that border it. 4 out of 7 had one or the other correct.

In doing this, I actually learned a few things as well, so I'll send out a few extra coins to say thanks for the knowledge,

Appreciate all of the responses, I'll do another one either Monday or Tuesday night.

Chris
    My eBay Items