Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Joe Orlando Appreciation Thread

I'm sure most of you have seen the letter that Joe will be leaving as CEO. I thought I'd start a thread to thank Joe for his support over the years. On the rare occasion I had a problem that I needed to escalate, he was always helpful in getting it resolved. It's not often that a President or CEO of a decent sized company would take the time to work with a small customer like myself to fix a problem but he always did.

We can all complain about things with PSA or the hobby in general but I think he did a great job in growing the PSA brand. Hopefully the new leadership will pick up where he left off and take the company to the next level.

Comments

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I was introduced to PSA in 1999 and met Joe at a few shows between 2002-2005. My experiences with him were always positive. I was able to follow up with him, and he always returned my calls or emails. Best wishes to him.

• Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

I agree that Joe deserves a lot of credit for growing the brand despite what some think of him.

Going forward, I am very optimistic to see what the future brings with Nat's leadership.

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

Joe is a good guy based on my interaction with him, when I first started with PSA like 12-13 yrs ago or so, I was like every newb on this board that thought there cards were better than they were. He personally called me and went over my sub which was like 6 cards at the time. I was 100000% wrong at the time and have always regretted that I made a stink when I was just uneducated. I was basing my knowledge of collecting from when I was 13 yrs old going to card shows and there were 2 conditions, mint and NM which I thought was "not mint". Centering, pd's and wax stains were not even on my radar.
    I wish him well. Joe, if you read this, Thanks for the consideration you showed me, when you didn't have to.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@bobbybradyjr said:
    I agree that Joe deserves a lot of credit for growing the brand despite what some think of him.

Going forward, I am very optimistic to see what the future brings with Nat's leadership.

So if I have problems with my order....like SERIOUS problems, is Nat Turner who I need to be contacting?

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys. This is a thread to offer a grateful farewell to someone who has dedicated 20+ years of his life to growing the hobby, and I would like to keep it as such. Thank you, Todd

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbyw8469 said:

@bobbybradyjr said:

So if I have problems with my order....like SERIOUS problems, is Nat Turner who I need to be contacting?

he has addressed every concern ive had extremely quickly both in the past and in the present. full disclosure. we have also done a few deals prior to the psa purchase as well.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

He's been very responsive to my inquiries in the past. Good luck Joe. Wishing you the best.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Joe is a stand up guy and a true gentleman. I don't know of any CEO who would take his time to personally answer you. Every single time I reached out to Joe he got back to me. I know I will miss having someone I could reach out to and know he would listen. I personally will miss him and the hobby is losing a great one.
    Best of luck Joe!

PackManInNC
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always liked Joe also. He was instrumental in the success of PSA as the hobby's leading authentication company and will be missed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for everything Joe. Helped me out once on a problem order and did me a solid on my 50th birthday.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx for taking the time to write this John.

I once had an issue and left a message with Joe.

More to my surprise?

He called that evening - resolved my issue and then proceeded to ask my input not the .5 bumps they had recently employed with card grading.

When I see him at the National?

He always takes the time to talk with me just to say hi...what's up?

Mike
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Joe was the face of PSA the whole time I had been submitting over the past 13 years. I never personally dealt with him, but I think it is awesome that he personally got involved if need be.

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

Joe was surprisingly very accessible, given his role within the company. I was thankful for how he addressed several of my concerns throughout the years.

• Options

Good luck Joe! Considering he was the CEO he was very accessible . On more than 1 occasion I reached out to him regarding various issues and he was very accommodating. I didn't always get what I wanted but I felt he was fair and aware of his customers.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never had any personal interaction w/ Joe but I know a couple of collectors who did and spoke highly of Joe. So going on that and some of the comments I see here may he have fun and enjoy the next endeavor, but I do believe PSA loses something with him leaving that will be tough to replace.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck Mr. Orlando. I wish you well.

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I sent a personal message. I'll miss him

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Mr. Orlando for helping to bring this hobby to where it is.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never had any interaction with him personally; however, he has led PSA to be THE standard in card grading there would be no card backlog if PSA wasn’t the best in the biz. Nat Turner has some HUGE shoes to fill. I wish you all the best Mr. Orlando, on all your future endeavors!

Blaine

• Options
    winterwinter Posts: 73 ✭✭

ja I hope this guy became President some day, I have a bunch of Letters of authentication , hand signed by him.
    ja just joking