Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver pricing

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to a local coin shop yesterday. The dealer was selling silver for $34/oz. Is this the typical price nowadays?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on what for. If for American Silver Eagles, a good price. Other wise appears to be about typical for these times.

----- kj
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Premiums are starting to come down just a bit on the wholesale side. Retail might be paying strong premiums for a while yet. Our website is showing around 29-30/oz, however silver eagles are still way up there.

On a coin BST page on FB people were bidding up 2021 T2 ASE's to 50+shipping.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've been selling generic 999 bars and rounds at $32/oz and Eagles (back dates) at $35
    However, I've seen that premiums are slowly starting to drop.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the silver rollercoaster is coasting right now... Not sure if a big dip or steep climb comes next.... Just be assured that 'something' will happen.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Premiums are dropping like clockwork. It was easily predictable.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2021 7:28AM

@blitzdude said:
    Premiums are dropping like clockwork. It was easily predictable.

$38.74 for a single random year ASE at APMEX. Premiums are not dropping at all. Retail prices are simply pulling back in step with lower spot prices. Premiums remain the same. You need to read the instructions that came with your crystal ball.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup i forgot apmex sets the market. :roll You ought to check out their current buy prices.. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

changing the topic to buy prices does not move your claim that "premiums are dropping like clockwork" any closer to reality.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 10:20AM

If you’re in it for the long term just throw all a this crap out the window. Cause it just doesn’t matter. IF silver and gold goes way down like some predict I’ll just buy more🤠🇺🇸
    Happy hunting, or, stacking.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.