Home Precious Metals
Options

PBS's Frontline show to reveal the true Federal Reserve on Tuesday night

derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 13, 2021 9:14AM in Precious Metals

Frontline Investigates the Federal Reserve: Is It a Captured Regulator that’s Wrecking the U.S. Economy with Asset Bubbles?

"This Tuesday evening (10 PM EST), the PBS investigative program, Frontline, will broadcast a documentary covering its year-long investigation of the Federal Reserve’s bailouts of Wall Street, from the financial crisis of 2008 to the present."

Yep, another conspiracy theory gone true.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be interesting.... Thanks for the heads up.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited July 13, 2021 9:13AM

Frontline's "The Warning" is a 2009 expose on how Congress was warned pre-2008 crisis by then CTFC chairman Brooksley Born of the threat that derivatives placed on the economy. At the time Greenspan, Rubin and Summers testified that she was wrong, that derivatives posed no threat to the economy and that the CFTC should not be given authority to regulate them. Congress sided with the three idiots. Guess who was right? If only they had listened to the one person who knew what she was talking about.

"The Warning" is a must watch for all students of economic history. Tonight's show is sure to be as informative.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 12:14PM

I watched the show. I suppose they covered what they could in a single one-hour program. But I found it severely lacking. They never touched on the aspects of whether the Federal Reserve should even exist, or what part the Federal Reserve played in fomenting the crises in the first place.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 2:21PM

They admitted to increasing wealth inequality, but were more than willing to accept it as a trade off for what good they believe they have done. The little "good" they have done will disappear with ballooned asset values in the not distant future. Their printing efforts to avoid economic hiccups will result in economic putred. The can can only be kicked so far, and we will all pay the price.

However, the slaves of labor are fighting back:

"when you push the pendulum to an extreme of wealth and income inequality, it will swing to the opposite extreme. The serfs are quietly slipping away, and the Aristocracy, blinded by hubris and greed, believes nothing will ever change because, well, their wealth and power is deserved. What they really deserve will manifest in the next four years as the chairs at the banquet of consequences are shuffled."

Inflation: the next stage of the ungoing, multi decade Great Global Financial Crisis:

Fed-Watching used to be the delicate art of understanding the indecipherable nuances of Fed-Speak, forensically dissecting the commentary and numbers and drawing conclusions based on a clear understanding of what was left unsaid and the Fed’s mandate. Not today. Fed watching today is about understanding how Jerome Powell and his merry gang are now hamstrung and tripping over themselves about not spooking markets over rate rises, taper-talk or doing anything that might unwind what they’ve being doing the last 12 years – frothing markets with unlimited QE, inappropriate rates, regulation and spin.

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 2:32PM

And your tax dollars pay for PBS and NPR!

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 4:09PM

@USSID17 said:
    And your tax dollars pay for PBS and NPR!

and the gov. doesn't control the remaining news outlets? lol

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least it’s not a biased program…

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the crystal ball was hazy... Now I think it is the darkness of gathering doom..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited August 17, 2021 3:47PM

The hen house guarding foxes continue to be put in charge of the farm.

• NY FED's Executive Vice President and head of its Markets Group that operates its own trading floor at the New York Fed, has moved on to become President Biden’s Deputy National Security Advisor.
    • NY FED's Senior Vice President in the market operations monitoring and analysis function of the Markets Group hasd been selected by WH to become Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury for Financial Markets.
    • NY FED's Head of Communications is now is now Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs at the U.S. Treasury.

Any questions on who actually runs the economy? lol

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Americans. Stop spending and see what happens.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Frontline Investigates the Federal Reserve: Is It a Captured Regulator that’s Wrecking the U.S. Economy with Asset Bubbles?

"This Tuesday evening (10 PM EST), the PBS investigative program, Frontline, will broadcast a documentary covering its year-long investigation of the Federal Reserve’s bailouts of Wall Street, from the financial crisis of 2008 to the present."

Yep, another conspiracy theory gone true.

Thanks for the heads up. PBS? Heh, I'll be sure to bring Geritol and Preparation H for the big show.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited August 17, 2021 5:02PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

you lose sight, once again, of who controls the medium of exchange that is required for all that spending. You also lose sight, once again, of how control of the medium of exchange dictates whether spenders are motivated to spend or motivated to save. Spenders don't run the economy, they participate in it at the mercy of of the FED determining what their currency is worth.

You continue to falsely believe that a captured market is a free market.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2021 5:04AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

you lose sight, once again, of who controls the medium of exchange that is required for all that spending. You also lose sight, once again, of how control of the medium of exchange dictates whether spenders are motivated to spend or motivated to save. Spenders don't run the economy, they participate in it at the mercy of of the FED determining what their currency is worth.

You continue to falsely believe that a captured market is a free market.

We saw what happened when we all hid in our houses for a month...the economy cratered.

Spenders do indeed run the economy. Why do you do you think interest rates are at zero. The Fed knows spenders are the key and does everything to encourage spending.

If we are captured then it is by our own free will. As a self proclaimed Libertarian, you should understand this. The people have the power. I get your point, and we allow ourselves to be governed, but the people have the power if they so choose. Wanna call the big G's bluff? Stop spending.

• Options

@BadWithMoney said:

@derryb said:
    Frontline's "The Warning" is a 2009 expose on how Congress was warned pre-2008 crisis by then CTFC chairman Brooksley Born of the threat that derivatives placed on the economy. At the time Greenspan, Rubin and Summers testified that she was wrong, that derivatives posed no threat to the economy and that the CFTC should not be given authority to regulate them. Congress sided with the three idiots. Guess who was right? If only they had listened to the one person who knew what she was talking about.

"The Warning" is a must watch for all students of economic history. Tonight's show is sure to be as informative.

The problem wasn't the derivatives themselves, it is how they were structured. Just like the real issue with the housing thing was the MERS database missing a foreign key.

You should read "The Destruction of Economic Facts".

https://www.ild.org.pe/images/our_work/property_paradigm/knowledge_crisis/2011_04_28-Bloomberg_DestructionEconomicFacts.pdf

Its not just economic facts that have been destroyed.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2021 8:24AM

@cohodk said:
    Why do you do you think interest rates are at zero. The Fed knows spenders are the key and does everything to encourage spending.

to provide easy money for the high rollers on Wall St.

Definitely not to help the low rollers trying to save a buck.

Spenders? When it takes low rates to encourage spending the result is more debt. And how is this good in the long run? It's been going on since 2008 and we are still depending on QE from the FED.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:
    Why do you do you think interest rates are at zero. The Fed knows spenders are the key and does everything to encourage spending.

to provide easy money for the high rollers on Wall St.

Definitely not to help the low rollers trying to save a buck.

>

Youve been preaching to the "low rollers" to rid themselves of dollars for decades. Didnt they listen to you? Try harder and stop with the rhetoric and hyperbole and maybe they will hear you.