Service: Economy
Shipping: $5.99 + $4.88 Delivered Duties Paid
QR Code
Status
Tracking: Not Shipped Yet
Date Requested: 6/3/2021
Estimated Ship Date: 9/29/2021
Items Ahead of My Order: 1,022,704

When you request shipping, it shows you how many cards are ahead of you. I hope that the number is cards and NOT orders! Not sure if it is updated daily or weekly.

Comments

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2021 4:27PM

Never purchased from them and after seeing that doesn't look like I ever will.

update: NEVER will!

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I bought a graded Zion from them last month. I got the card about 3 weeks after I purchased it. Overall a good experience.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just started selling on there a bit. It takes a few months if you purchase upgraded shipping which I do. If you can wait it suffices. I am used to long wait times though so it works for me

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2021 1:45PM

heres a good laugh. my last shipment request:

luckily its just some old star wars wonderbreads. ive sent 3 emails or dms. zero response. approx 4 months from the time ive requested them to ship and they've taken my money.

i really cant believe they are setting up at the national. hope they supply body armor for their crew.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a 1956 Topps Ellis Kinder BGS signed (d. 1968) for nearly $300. Bought it April 28 and I didn't get it until June 7. Absolutely ridiculous! If it wasn't such a rare card I would have cancelled. I refuse to buy from them anymore.

Shane

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last COMC order I placed & paid for was on March 1, 2021. No updates between March 1 and July 6. I then received an email from COMC on July 6, 2021 that included the text "Thank you for your purchase. Your order is being packaged with an expected shipping date of 6/15/2021." Interesting that the expected shipping date was three weeks before the email? Despite the June 15 shipping estimate, which in itself is a long way after March 1, when I use their site to check my order status, I see this:

Date Requested: 3/1/2021
    Estimated Ship Date: 8/23/2021
    Items Ahead of My Order: 410,887

6/15? Obviously not. But then why generate the email? 8/23? We'll see, but I'm not counting on it.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

I honestly hope they go under.
    And I usually don't wish that on anybody but it's utterly ridiculous.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like buying from them. I have bought over 1000 cards from them over the past few years. Not happy with the wait either.

Positives

1) Nice selection
    2) decent prices
    3) can combine purchases with many sellers and only pay one shipping cost

Negatives

1) pics could stand to be a little clearer
    2) Occasional corner ding when placing cards in holders (note I buy mostly cards that are $10 and under)

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@miwlvrn said:
    The last COMC order I placed & paid for was on March 1, 2021. No updates between March 1 and July 6. I then received an email from COMC on July 6, 2021 that included the text "Thank you for your purchase. Your order is being packaged with an expected shipping date of 6/15/2021." Interesting that the expected shipping date was three weeks before the email? Despite the June 15 shipping estimate, which in itself is a long way after March 1, when I use their site to check my order status, I see this:

6/15? Obviously not. But then why generate the email? 8/23? We'll see, but I'm not counting on it.

musta been back to the future cards?

• Options

@olb31 said:

>

2) Occasional corner ding when placing cards in holders (note I buy mostly cards that are $10 and under)

be very careful opening. they arent even shipping in toploaders anymore. penny sleeves wrapped in thin cardboard.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2021 1:01PM

@blurryface said:

@olb31 said:

>

be very careful opening. they arent even shipping in toploaders anymore. penny sleeves wrapped in thin cardboard.

Seems like a first rate operation /sarcasm

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

Did those of you with the absurd wait times choose the lowest level of shipping? Or the upgraded?

I also wonder if there's some correlation that differentiates those shipping in 3 weeks and those shipping in 4+ months. Each of my last few orders have been relatively small with just a handful of cards, but estimated ship dates were accurate and it was just a few weeks to ship. I did choose the upgraded shipping or whatever they call it.

Wondering if it's size of order? Vintage vs. modern? Price point? Shipping option? Or just random luck?

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 10:41AM

@Collector8578 said:
    Did those of you with the absurd wait times choose the lowest level of shipping? Or the upgraded?

I also wonder if there's some correlation that differentiates those shipping in 3 weeks and those shipping in 4+ months. Each of my last few orders have been relatively small with just a handful of cards, but estimated ship dates were accurate and it was just a few weeks to ship. I did choose the upgraded shipping or whatever they call it.

Wondering if it's size of order? Vintage vs. modern? Price point? Shipping option? Or just random luck?

My order I'm waiting for from March 1 was economy shipping, and consisted of 3 graded modern (1990's) cards.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 2:23PM

i paid $7 to ship. but this isn't a shipping issue. it's a processing one. 3+ months just to get it ready to ship. i prolly coulda walked there and grabbed it quicker.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    i paid $7 to ship. but this isn't a shipping issue. it's a processing one. 3+ months just to get it ready to ship. i prolly coulda walked there and grabbed it quicker.

you were advised of the shipping timeframe before you placed the order......why did you place the order?

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@Collector8578 said:

I placed 3 orders, the second and third were economy. The first one I paid $24.99 for "Economy Rushed" and it was requested on 3/1 and shipped on 6/1 and I received it a few days later....Where was the "Rush?" I would go after them for a credit to my account for the shipping but I don't have the time or energy to chase them around for maybe 20 bucks. I'm using other sources for a while and we'll see if they get their act together hopefully...

• Options

I have been selling on there quite a bit more as of late. They are the absolute world's worst at shipping times because they cross list so much on eBay and do not have the manpower to manage their inventory and ship accordingly. I know this going in as a buyer. I have about 10 things I bought on there that I will request to ship to me evenrually but waiting to make a larger purchase once I sell more so I can upgrade to the most expedient shipping.

• Options

@miwlvrn said:

As an update, My 3-card order I paid for on March 1 finally did arrive today, August 9, making it more than 5 months of processing time.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 1:22PM

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

you were advised of the shipping timeframe before you placed the order......why did you place the order?

just seeing this. simply because i had actually bought the cards over the course of who knows how long. prolly a 6+ months time span easily. and your point is moot anyways bc it doesnt tell you the timespan of when it ships until you actually create a cart & request a shipment from your inventory.

eta: and to really drive in how lame the question is, the time frame they actually had given has been pushed back even further with still over 660,000k orders still ahead of mine. so maybe, just maybe comc has really become the pop-tart show everyone is actually saying theyve become? 🤯. hopefully ive fully answered what seems to be a very condescending question? if it wasnt, then i apologize.

• Options

was 9/10 before with 772,000k orders ahead. now 9/20 “estimated” with only having shipped 110k orders in the past couple weeks. so 9/20/21 even seems like a lot of smoke still being blown up peoples pop-tarts.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

just seeing this. simply because i had actually bought the cards over the course of who knows how long. prolly a 6+ months time span easily. and your point is moot anyways bc it doesnt tell you the timespan of when it ships until you actually create a cart & request a shipment from your inventory.

This is absolutely untrue. You are provided the shipping timeframes for each method of shipping before you commit to placing the order.

I'm just curious how someone could see this timeframe, go ahead and place the order, and then send emails complaining about it.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 1:58PM

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

This is absolutely untrue. You are provided the shipping timeframes for each method of shipping before you commit to placing the order.

I'm just curious how someone could see this timeframe, go ahead and place the order, and then send emails complaining about it.

ok so condescending and either saying im lying or simply incapable of comprehending what was previously written:

so you basically think back in april of 2019 that it gave me a 9/10/21 estimated ship date? get real.

and here. i just tried purchasing a card. no where does it say that “if purchased, this card wont ship until 2024”. as stated above it does not give you a ship date until you go in and request a shipment. the fundamental flaw in your condescending question is that is AFTER you have already purchased the items. after never having an issue w comc shipping even remotely like this prior to 4/1/19 & all of a sudden your only options after that point are pay a realistic price and wait 5+ months (and get pushed back even further), pay an absolutely crazy amount to have them within a month (when they arent worth that shipping fee) or simply walk away is certainly worth an attempted email. if you are in the business of finding out after youve bought a $10 card and wanna pay $40 to get it within a month, more power to you and youve found the perfect place. they are superb at that. but checking their overall feedback everywhere, let alone ebay, it seems youre in a extremely small crowd. or the owner. either way, good for you. have fun wasting your money or re-drafting your will to allocate who those cards go to if & when they finally do arrive.

and notice now, even knowing they are a million+ orders behind, that there is still zero notice of how effed their shipping timeframe is? and youre cool w that? no big deal, right?

• Options

No.......that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that when you click on 'Request Shipment', you are provided different shipping options for the items you have marked as 'ready to ship'. Each shipping option includes an estimated shipment date. You then select the option and date you want and THEN complete the shipment request.

I would recommend using some of your spare time learning how to properly use a service instead of spreading lies about it on message boards.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 2:05PM

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    No.......that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that when you click on 'Request Shipment', you are provided different shipping options for the items you have marked as 'ready to ship'. Each shipping option includes an estimated shipment date. You then select the option and date you want and THEN complete the shipment request.

I would recommend using some of your spare time learning how to properly use a service instead of spreading lies about it on message boards.

see how it works is, the train moves. not the station.

read the fundamental flaw part again a few times. maybe it will sink in by the time my cards arrive.

• Options

Blaming others for your lack of understanding is weak AF

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 2:22PM

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Blaming others for your lack of understanding is weak AF

paint chips as a child?

eta: and had you seen orders above the one in question, your absurdity would certainly hold water. but you dont. so i think i fully grasp the concept of what is going on. you attempting to defend any part of what they are doing is the only thing abercrombie here.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

My estimated 9/29 ship date was shipped already this week as well as another one I asked for a couple weeks after. They are making progress it seems,,,

• Options
    Cubbies1416Cubbies1416 Posts: 55 ✭✭✭

In the spring I ordered 5 cards from them. When I realized how long the time frame for shipping was (up to 5 weeks), I was annoyed, but figured "Oh, well! I should have looked at it closer. Hopefully, they'll get here before the 5 week period is up."

Nope! The cards didn't even ship until AFTER the 5 week period had passed! It was the first time I ever left a negative review on eBay. There's no reason why a place located in the continental U.S. should not be able to ship 5 sports cards to another address in the continental U.S. and get them there in a 5 week span. That's just sheer laziness on the part of COMC.

By the time the cards arrived, I had forgotten exactly how many cards I had ordered. I received 4 in the mail, but I had actually ordered 5. The fifth one arrived another 5 weeks after those ones! That is just beyond ridiculous.

Again, nothing but sheer laziness on the part of COMC. I didn't even realize how bad they had gotten until I read all of the negative reviews they had received in just the last 30 days alone.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2021 8:46PM

so you wouldnt deposit a bunch of money to comc to buy cards either? 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd85ozj0p8o

• Options

There are some shipping delays for sure...........but to continue the slanderous statements about negative reviews...once again is exaggeration

• Options

@blurryface said:

Dude, when your order ships before the due date you were provided upon placement, will you post it here?

• Options
    edited August 12, 2021 8:59AM

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

Dude, when your order ships before the due date you were provided upon placement, will you post it here?

ill post it now. ya know. just in case im dead before they do.

thank you comc for being soooo on top of your game. you graciously were able to ship my cards, that were already purchased and paid for months prior and without any mention during said purchase of a massive delay and actually got them out just shy of 5 months when i was actually quoted 5 months. you are the best. theres nothing wrong w your service and ill be depositing another $500 today so i can make more purchases to finally arrive in 2022. or maybe ill just purchase a single dollar card and then use the remaining $499 to have that banger arrive by october. i love options.

your friend,

-captain lies alot

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    There are some shipping delays for sure...........but to continue the slanderous statements about negative reviews...once again is exaggeration

448 negatives in one month. and youre sitting here defending them. they shouldnt even be in business.

• Options

What a joyous individual you must be. Your family is lucky!

• Options

@blurryface said:

448 negatives in one month. and youre sitting here defending them. they shouldnt even be in business.

But then how would you reap the tremendous profits from those Bradys?

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

But then how would you reap the tremendous profits from those Bradys?

i wouldnt. thats the point. but why the deflection? you got your post. no witty retort, staying on point, to defend the thank you letter that you requested?

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:

no comment there bud. its sad this is what you choose to spend your days doing. but the real eye opener is you delving deep and attempting to draw ones “family” into a conversation. you cant stay on point and just goes to show how miserable of a person you are. why dont you just go ahead and break out the “yo momma jokes”? it seems your real hobby is trolling, not collecting. either way, do what makes you happy. my point has been proven. about comc and yourself.

• Options

Your 'letter' is just another example of your complete ignorance of how the site works and just lack of common sense in general.

Let's break this down:

You purchased cards on the site in April 2019. Then you requested them to be shipped to you on 5/31/2021. When you requested the shipment, you were advised of the extended shipping timeframe.

Yet, you're choosing to be mad because you weren't advised of the extended timeframe of May 2021 due to the order backlog when you purchased the cards in 2019? Please tell us how this makes sense.

• Options

obtuse.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

no comment there bud. its sad this is what you choose to spend your days doing. but the real eye opener is you delving deep and attempting to draw ones “family” into a conversation. you cant stay on point and just goes to show how miserable of a person you are. why dont you just go ahead and break out the “yo momma jokes”? it seems your real hobby is trolling, not collecting. either way, do what makes you happy. my point has been proven. about comc and yourself.

I'm trolling?? You're the one posting lies and libelous statements about a service because you can't admit the fact that you don't have the capacity to understand how to use it. You've also posted veiled threats against their employees who would be at the National.

Ignorant, rageful and unhinged is no way to go through life.

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@blurryface said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

I'm trolling?? You're the one posting lies and libelous statements about a service because you can't admit the fact that you don't have the capacity to understand how to use it. You've also posted veiled threats against their employees who would be at the National.

Ignorant, rageful and unhinged is no way to go through life.

@stretcharmstrong

^ someones gunning for you, stretch.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard @blurryface

If you guys don't like each other then please just ignore each other's comments. No one enjoys nor benefits from reading your personal battles. You've both gone well beyond the "no personal attacks" guidelines in this forum.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

They have terrible infrastructure as far as the ability to meet the demand that their service requires. I like COMC enough to use it it both buy and sell but I am very familiar with what it takes for me to get what I want in what I deem a suitable timeframe. My suggestion is to wait until you have several higher value cards in your port, then pay for the most expedient level of shipping. It only took me one week to receive.

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I used them recently for a card that they had on Ebay. I got it for $60 cheaper by using them directly. I was hesitant at first, hearing all of the horror stories on shipping. But i picked the economy rushed shipping and it got here in roughly a week. I know Canadian customers still have absurd wait times, but it seems like they are stating to right the ship a little bit.