Home Precious Metals
Options

Type 2 - 2021 ASE

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea how much the mint is charging wholesalers to buy the 2021 ASE Type 2?
Am I going to get stuck if I buy them at $36 each (spot + $10) or are the wholesalers really paying the mint a large premium?

Thanks for the help. I like the new design and definitely want some.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't believe they are paying any more than for the Type I. High retail prices are due to high premiums on all ASE's.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    don't believe they are paying any more than for the Type I. High retail prices are due to high premiums on all ASE's.

and what are they paying for Type 1? Thanks for the input.

• Options
    edited July 9, 2021 4:12PM

AP's are paying a $2.35 premium at the mint for ASEs. (corrected per Blitz's link below)

Buy either for same price at APMEX. I just received two tubes today of Type 2 from Bullion Exchange.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

That all depends on your own personal assessment of where Silver spot is going in the future.
    $36 per ASE is on the high side historically but silver is also a small market in increasing demand.
    Also, I think 2021 ASE Type 2 will continue to hold some type of premium just do the mid-year change over.
    I am think 7-8 million 2021 ASE Type 2 will be the cap. Maybe less.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The premium on the Type 2 ASE will hold for a couple of years (maybe longer), unless silver spot takes a deep dive. That is not likely in the foreseeable future. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

The big tease.

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were buying to stack I'd find something with a lower premium. If I were buying a few because i liked the design I wouldn't be concerned with a $10 premium.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need 3 for my album sets. I was thinking I'd try for a roll of them and flip the others while they're hot.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one today from work. B)

• Options

the APs have now received their initial allotment of Type 2 and are shipping in hand.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2021 2:30PM

@jclovescoins said:
    Any idea how much the mint is charging wholesalers to buy the 2021 ASE Type 2?
    Am I going to get stuck if I buy them at $36 each (spot + $10) or are the wholesalers really paying the mint a large premium?

Thanks for the help. I like the new design and definitely want some.

Premiums are only high because the mint hadn't shipped an ASE in 2 months. They are cranking them out now, hold tight premiums will soon plummet. Don't pay $10 premiums you will be underwater probably for the remainder of your life.

American Eagle Silver Bullion
    United States Mint Authorized Purchasers are charged the LBMA Silver Price plus a $2.35 per coin premium.
    Minimum ordering requirement: 25,000 ounces
    https://www.usmint.gov/news/consumer-alerts/business-guidelines/authorized-purchaser-program

Edit:
    The Mint has already shipped 2,800,000 Type 2 in June and 849,000 thus far in July
    https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/bullion-sales?program=American+Eagle&+AmericatheBeautifulSilverBullion5ozCointype=&+AmericanBuffalotype=&+AmericanEagletype=Sales+totals+by+Month&AmericatheBeautifulSilverBullion5ozCoinSalestotalsbyMonthyear=&AmericatheBeautifulSilverBullion5ozCoinYear-datedcoinssoldyear=&AmericanBuffaloSalestotalsbyMonthyear=&AmericanBuffaloYear-datedcoinssoldyear=&AmericanEagleSalestotalsbyMonthyear=1140&AmericanEagleYear-datedcoinssoldyear=

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Disagree. While the mint sold none in May (not two months) they did dump over 13 million ASEs into the market January through April. Reason ASE premiums are high is because demand is high, not because supply is low as you claim. Other silver products are seeing stronger than normal premiums.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

The link does not differentiate between type 1 and 2

From common knowledge it is more likely they were type 1 sold in june

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Type 1 for June is a no brainer. Point is the mint is not short on ASEs in 2021 and supply is not responsible for unusually high retail premiums. Gotta be demand and the Ape's did in fact increase that.

• Options

@derryb said:

Disagree. While the mint sold none in May (not two months) they did dump over 13 million ASEs into the market January through April. Reason ASE premiums are high is because demand is high, not because supply is low as you claim. Other silver products are seeing stronger than normal premiums.

You must have ADD or something. The mint numbers stopped updating after the first week in April. You created 17 new conspiracy threads about it. Then the numbers finally updated again the last week of June. Technically it's closer to 3 months but let your fuzzy math be as it may. I'm dumping ASEs weekly I know what the demand is (in my geography anyway). It's no higher than it was this time last year. New supply TEMPORARILY dried up. Simple as that. I'll be buying you $10 premium ASEs back in 3 months for $2 over.

• Options

published mint numbers tell the story. another case of someone claiming fact to be conspiracy theory simply because they do not like or cannot grasp the facts.

• Options

Fact, gutter metal is gutter metal. Grasp on!

• Options

It's only gutter metal because you bought the highs, not the lows. Whose fault is that?

• Options

The gutter I moved just today was done so at $14ozt profit, Grasp that. lol

• Options

then why youse always bitchin?

• Options

Dispelling conspiracies and reporting facts is not bitchin. Maybe in Bulgaria. lol

• Options

my thought is that since it is first year of issue, if the $10 premium holds for the rest of 2021, then it will stay for the type 2 and increase regardless of what happens to the usual ASE premium...simple reason: no collector got them for less than the $10 premium

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    my thought is that since it is first year of issue, if the $10 premium holds for the rest of 2021, then it will stay for the type 2 and increase regardless of what happens to the usual ASE premium...simple reason: no collector got them for less than the $10 premium

In a year's time they will all be "usual" ASEs with the same premium. Different yes, but there is nothing unique about a coin that sees mintages in the millions.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

Agree with derryb. In the end its just a 1 ounce chunk of silver. Even tiffany stuff gets exchanged for spot value in fiat currency.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@derryb said:
    It's only gutter metal because you bought the highs, not the lows. Whose fault is that?

apparently this is wrong. he is one of those message board savants who seems to always the right side of the trade.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2021 10:34AM

@carew4me said:

@derryb said:

apparently this is wrong. he is one of those message board savants who seems to always the right side of the trade.

I certainly wasn't buying $40 gutter metal like you and your buddy. If that always puts me on the right side of the trade in your brain so be it. B)

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@carew4me said:

@derryb said:

I certainly wasn't buying $40 gutter metal like you and your buddy. If that always puts me on the right side of the trade in your brain so be it. B)

Of course you didn't. You nailed the timing perfectly. Again. As always. Thank God you take the time to come on over and tell us all about it! What a win streak.... stretching back years and years. >:)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:

@blitzdude said:

@carew4me said:

@derryb said:

Of course you didn't. You nailed the timing perfectly. Again. As always. Thank God you take the time to come on over and tell us all about it! What a win streak.... stretching back years and years. >:)

Sour grapes? Stack on! I heard ASEs are only $36 now. What a deal for you and your buddy. lol

• Options

Flipping 1 lb+ rolls of SAE via snail mail because you can make $150 in profit after sitting on them for 10 years is no way to invest (or make any money).
    Never fear...you will be able to once again load up at $400 a roll and start a new wait...an one day you will hook those $36 SAE suckers again!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:
    Flipping 1 lb+ rolls of SAE via snail mail because you can make $150 in profit after sitting on them for 10 years is no way to invest (or make any money).
    Never fear...you will be able to once again load up at $400 a roll and start a new wait...an one day you will hook those $36 SAE suckers again!

No snail mail, local cash and in person. $280 profit per roll for gutter purchased 2 years ago. Yeah but you already knew that..... :smiley: Don't worry you're decade old $40+ eagles will finally realize break even......well probably never. lol Maybe in you're buddies Bulguarian dollars. double lol

• Options
    edited July 14, 2021 4:00PM

SD Bullion giving away a monster box of 2021 T2 ASE

Sure, there will be spam email from them as a result of entering, but the winner will definitely be glad he put up with them.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 2:45PM

@derryb said:
    SD Bullion giving away a monster box of 2021 T2 ASEs

Sure, there will be spam email from them as a result of entering, but the winner will definitely be glad he put up with them.

got a 404

figured it had to be there somewhere... this is an email sign up promo.... looked around a bit...

eventually a page overlay came up to enter. you're now on their marketing list.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2021 4:03PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@derryb said:
    SD Bullion giving away a monster box of 2021 T2 ASEs

got a 404

figured it had to be there somewhere... this is an email sign up promo.... looked around a bit...

eventually a page overlay came up to enter. you're now on their marketing list.

Being on a marketing list is the price one pays to enter an on-line giveaway. For a shot at a monster box I don't mind deleting their emails from the inbox. At least a phone number was not required. lol

Linky fixed

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@carew4me said:

No snail mail, local cash and in person. $280 profit per roll for gutter purchased 2 years ago. Yeah but you already knew that..... :smiley: Don't worry you're decade old $40+ eagles will finally realize break even......well probably never. lol Maybe in you're buddies Bulguarian dollars. double lol

Meeting random strangers in a McDonalds parking lot to move the 15 rolls you bought 2 years ago sounds like winning to me. Thanks for coming around and letting us relive the glory with you. You scalped em Bro! B)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2021 6:26PM

@carew4me said:

@blitzdude said:

@carew4me said:

Meeting random strangers in a McDonalds parking lot to move the 15 rolls you bought 2 years ago sounds like winning to me. Thanks for coming around and letting us relive the glory with you. You scalped em Bro! B)

It's actually closer 150 rolls and I prefer meeting at my bank lobby so I can quickly convert to real money. You are somewhat correct however, investing in silver is far from winning (it's a terrible investment) but I make it work. Keep on sinking your $$$$ into overpriced gutter. You may one day break even before you croak (assuming you and your buddy ever decide to pull it out of the bunker to sell) but highly doubtful. Don't worry next conspiracy says it's headed back to $40. Stack on! lol

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fact, gutter metal is gutter metal. Grasp on!

The gutter I moved just today was done so at $14ozt profit, Grasp that. lol

Wow. Just Wow. It seems that you can make a pile of cash out of silver almost at will, and everyone else is losing money on gutter metal. There's a bit of inconsistency in your story.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

BlitzedBro "All those money losing gutter metal suckers with their buried bunker stacks! But MY gutter metal is special. I can turn it into FREE NUGGETS from muh Profits!!!"

Loves me some shiny!