Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS burning the midnight oil!

pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a message at 12:51 AM Eastern (9:51 PM Pacific) that my grades were ready.

I'm thinking (hoping) that the PCGS QA team is working overtime to get caught up.
Way to go PCGS!

Comments

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of turnaround time are you seeing? They do seem slower than they were earlier this year.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options

This particular order was entered on 20 May. It has a few oversized holders, which I’ve noticed take extra time.

But I have one still there from 15 March (supposedly needed time for extra research). All "Regular" service.

They do seem slower overall, but not as slow as ATS.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

March? They better work the extra time...

• Options

@Abuelo said:

Received my grades on that order today. VERY upset they couldn’t get it right.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quarter end. Can’t book the > @pruebas said:

@Abuelo said:

Misattribution or just misunderstanding how to grade unique coins?

• Options

@Boosibri said:

@Abuelo said:

Misattributions, calling a pattern a regular issue, not authenticating a pattern in white metal when they authenticated the copper version (exact same dies) in the same submission, not calling something a pattern because it's not in Krause when others of the same series are called patterns in Krause. Stupid stuff like that.

After waiting 4 months for my coins back, I now need to send half of them back for "proper" attributions.

I'll repeat my "Way to go PCGS!" but this time with a very sarcastic tone.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pain of collecting trully rare coins...

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

@Boosibri said:

@Abuelo said:

Misattributions, calling a pattern a regular issue, not authenticating a pattern in white metal when they authenticated the copper version (exact same dies) in the same submission, not calling something a pattern because it's not in Krause when others of the same series are called patterns in Krause. Stupid stuff like that.

After waiting 4 months for my coins back, I now need to send half of them back for "proper" attributions.

A good reminder of why it’s best to certify things ASAP rather than leave the job to our heirs.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pruebas, you should type up a reference using your collection for images and descriptions, self publish for a few hundred bucks, and send PCGS a copy with your next submission.