Home Metal Detecting

First ring found metal detecting

slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not do alot of metal detecting .. i borrow my friends when i wish to as cannot afford one myself at the moment but went back to the lot where i found the toy soldier and found my first ring . its stamped .925 and its in the shape of a whale but am unsure what the black streak is made of .. also found some loose change laying about the ground.. about 1.20 worth..

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your first silver ring.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2021 8:25PM

Thanks the lot is 2 acres besides the forest so hoping to find more items once able to borrow the detector again .. been impossible the last lil while .. i found the ring on 1st july but ive spent most of the weekend in emerg so taking it easy for the next few days . am unsure what the black inlay is ,, my first guess was onyx but am uncertain.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats 🙂

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great find... and the coins as well.....Must be some kind of activity that occurs in/around that field. Good luck on future hunts. Cheers, RickO

An old ranch home stood there and they tore it down when it was sold for re-zoning but its just sat there vacant for about 4-5 yrs now doing nothing and there is a forest behind with a path where people walk their pets or just to wander the creek. hoping to go back again in a few days or early next week .

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

congrats on your silver ring!

thankyou .. heading back to the lot and forest friday.

@slimies.... Good luck on Friday... Hope you find a gold ring :) Cheers, RickO

thank am hoping i find something good its a big lot to search

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, I agree with inlay onyx. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Awesome

thanks . cant wait to load the next finds

You say it is a big lot... OK... be careful...It is easy to get in a hurry and miss areas/signals in a large area. Take your time, dig all signals....recheck hole after digging. Cheers, RickO

thanks and good advice . am fairly new and dont wish to miss anything.

been using my friends detector as am unable to buy a great one myself .. what would be a good one to get to start with for someone with limited funds to spend.

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

The black stone is usually onyx

Frank

BHNC #203

thank you i thought maybe it was . back to the lot tomorow to see what i can find .

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimies said:
    thank you i thought maybe it was . back to the lot tomorow to see what i can find .

anything else?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking ring.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

besides the ring i had found some change .. some washers , screws and nails and some rusty bottlecaps when i found that whale ring .