Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mia Hamm Sports Illustrated for Kids Card

dbraphaeldbraphael Posts: 2

I am new to card grading. I have this Mia Hamm card and I wanted to get some input on how much of a grading ding might occur due to the issue on the back of the card. Your insights are much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭

With the "paper loss" I'd assume this would be a mid grade card at best.

• Options

Thank you RufussCkingston

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Wow... didn't realize they were worth that much these days. Just looked in my ebay history, I sold one in 2012 for $3.00. LOL

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't sleep on 1994 US World Cup (Upper Deck) Hamm RC.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    Don't sleep on 1994 US World Cup (Upper Deck) Hamm RC.

agree -- I have a minty fresh copy of the Hamm UD card sitting at PSA currently...excellent shot at a 10, 9 at worst

• Options
    saraceno21saraceno21 Posts: 49 ✭✭

Great centering on this example but as someone said earlier that paper loss on the back hurts a lot. Still, worth grading.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had not realized that the SIFK Mia Hamm PSA 10 card had become a $35k item :o

• Options

Does the same Mia Hamm 15 yr anniversary card have any value?

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 8:12PM

@Footballsla said:
    Does the same Mia Hamm 15 yr anniversary card have any value?

I would think it's proportionate to Tony Hawk and his 15th anniversary card?

My dad was a dentist and pulled all the SI4K sheets for me from his office until I was about 19 or 20. I missed out on the LeBron James, Shaun White, and maybe Usain Bolt by months. I took out the Tiger Woods and subbed it (PSA 7), but the only four cards that ever got removed from those sheets otherwise might make you cry: I pulled the Tony Hawk and Mat Hoffman. One I pinned to my bulletin board. The other I kept in my wallet as a joke. My sister pulled the other two: Both were Mia Hamm cards.

Thankfully I have both Serena and Venus sheets in full and a few other sheets that seem to do well. I managed to get LeBron's SI4K rookie for cheap, a Tony Hawk sheet for next to nothing, but its not in the best shape, and a Mat Hoffman sheet. I'm a big fan. Wish I never told my dad to stop holding them for me, but whatcha gonna do.

Now I subscribe just for the cards, ya never know who the next big name will be. Golf seems to do very well.