Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New 35th Anniversary Silver Box on the market soon

jt88jt88 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interested to see how much the price will be dropped on eBay since PCGS will offer more boxes.

Comments

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think even Pepperidge farms remembers the last time the quarterly specials were good.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see a gold box like the one that was pictured here a week or so ago.

• Options
    edited July 1, 2021 7:22PM

I can see the price already dropped from $40 in April to around $8 in June 30 includes shipping.

• Options

I guess I will wait another 3 months to see what is next quarterly special to decide if I want to submit coins

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    I'd like to see a gold box like the one that was pictured here a week or so ago.

How much you would like to pay? If there is a market for it I am sure I can find some.

• Options

I'm not sure. It's not something I must have so not a whole lot. It would be neat storage for my gold coins, all of which would fit in one box.

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take a gold box!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is it .999 or just .900?

• Options

Gold box is only for China market if what I know is correct. So the shipping will be very high for priority which makes the price probably close to the orange box I would think or it might be even higher. Also the box will probably not in mint state since it have to be shipped from China. It might has scratches. That's the reason I don't want to buy from China. I might get couples if I happen to buy some coins there.

• Options

By the way, I want 20 silver box $10 to $15 includes shipping using PayPal. Anyone has them send me an email.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may squeak into this special, I sent in three orders; 1 (Reconsideration), 2 (Variety Attribution) and 3 (Crossovers) in one USPS box. I wonder if that would be considered an order of Five Coin Minimum?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 10-15 coins that I will submit at Summer FUN next week. 10+ will be varieties so this could prove nice. Save money not having to ship to PCGS, save money on variety attributions and get a silver box or two. We will see in a couple of months I guess. Granted, I don't care about the different colored boxes....unless I can make money off of them. Lol

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

I have 46 slabbed coins I have to send for trueviews. I intend on sending six or seven at a time. I hope these would count towards one of these silver boxes.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, July is when I send in my annual CC Voucher coins, so I guess I'll get one. There are almost as many colors of these boxes are there are Fuller Brush Man letter openers. I wonder if there'll be a purply-brown marbled one soon.

• Options

@oih82w8 said:
    I may squeak into this special, I sent in three orders; 1 (Reconsideration), 2 (Variety Attribution) and 3 (Crossovers) in one USPS box. I wonder if that would be considered an order of Five Coin Minimum?

I don't think you will get that box. minimum 5 in a order. You don't have one order has 5 coins

• Options

Last time I sent in two for restoration I only get a paper box. LOL

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess colored boxes are now a 'thing'.... :D Types of slabs, colored boxes, labels (i.e. doily etc)... I guess I lead a boring life, just interested in the coins. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I guess colored boxes are now a 'thing'.... :D Types of slabs, colored boxes, labels (i.e. doily etc)... I guess I lead a boring life, just interested in the coins. ;) Cheers, RickO

Awaiting your excitement when the Box o' the Month is blast white with silver lettering.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s just a box. Maybe if they had custom lettering to say something like “TurtleCat Coins” or something I’d be interested.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got 2 of the minty lime35th anniversary boxes off eBay Small offer back and forth and settled on a fair price. While not many they are there These were no more expensive than ngc boxes

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 7:52PM

Shipped out an order in a blue box and got the order back in a silver one. It's pretty classy looking.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 8:36PM

@koynekwest said:
    I have 46 slabbed coins I have to send for trueviews. I intend on sending six or seven at a time. I hope these would count towards one of these silver boxes.

Could you not buy boxes for less than the extra cost of separate postage and handling fee's on multiple orders?

That would amount to at least $35 per submission and that is if you send them all together and have only one mailing fee to PCGS.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I think that would be a re-holder fee with gold shield at $17 per coin. Plus shipping and handling, of course.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file