Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars Release Thread***

WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 30, 2021 7:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Let's keep each other informed about release dates, successes and failures in obtaining these Mint release coins!

Comments

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m 0 for 2 so far. Shutout on cc and O privy.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the CC ready for the peace dollar

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

2/2 so far. I got super lucky and just happened to have my phone on, out of meetings, the website up, and logged in when they went on sale for a few seconds around 845 one morning.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    2/2 so far. I got super lucky and just happened to have my phone on, out of meetings, the website up, and logged in when they went on sale for a few seconds around 845 one morning.

Nice. After the HHL expired? I know where I'm going for some extras. ;)

• Options

@jessewvu said:

Congratulations! I wish you continued success for the next round😎

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I’m 0 for 2 so far. Shutout on cc and O privy.

Tom, don't give up! Keep checking for them at 7:30 East Coast time. Many of us have had success after initial release😎

• Options

Here is the link for up to date release dates 😎

https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/silver-coins/silver-dollars/

• Options

I’m pretty sure after the mint interruption of sales that they have not offered any similar to the last offers and coffee club @ 7:30 am eastern. Probably won’t until next release of interest 2021Wtype2?

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

…Nice! Thanks bro ;)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

2/2 here as well. Happy July, the countdown continues, only 34 days to go. It should be interesting to see what has been changed.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    2/2 here as well. Happy July, the countdown continues, only 34 days to go. It should be interesting to see what has been changed.

Congratulations! Nice to hear the success stories. I agree. Curious to see what changes have been made to the ordering process. 🤔

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a CC privy Morgan coming..... That was the only one I went after, and I was lucky. I still question the selling date vs. delivery date.... Seems ridiculous. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I passed on the first 2 because I am not a fan of the privy mark concept for them. My plan is to buy the Peace Dollar😉

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I will be buying all 6 coins from a dealer. I signed up with a few of my favorite dealers and will buy from the one with the best prices. (I suspect, however, that they will all be priced around the same.)

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

I was lucky as well after battling with the website errors to get one of each right before the sold out!

• Options

@originalsandman said:
    I was lucky as well after battling with the website errors to get one of each right before the sold out!

Congratulations! Has anyone had any success recently buying these 2 at 7:30 a.m. East Coast time?

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Don't like the eagle breast feathers. Looks like the reverse of 1878 and 1921. I suppose that's intentional though.
    Don't care for morgans hair look either and fake mint marks?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

I am curious if the Mint will decide to only ship up to 3 instead of the 10 HL they had when these first 2 got sold. That would create a lot of upset buyers yet increase the availability for those that got shut out. 😎

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Managed to snag 2 each of the CC and O privy mark Morgans. I'll be trying for the rest and I'm looking forward to the Peace dollar the most since it's one of a kind.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:
    .... and fake mint marks?

>
    I agree with this point - and especially WRT to CC privy marked 2021 Morgans:
    1) not minted in Carson City
    2) exponentially small and purely random chance of containing any Comstock silver
    3) 2021 is a meaningless date relative to Carson City Morgans, minted in Carson City starting in 1878 and ending in 1893.
    (note on this last point: yes, I understand that the 2021 issues "commemorate" the end of the series and means to recognize all of the involved mints - meh)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@anablep said:
    Managed to snag 2 each of the CC and O privy mark Morgans. I'll be trying for the rest and I'm looking forward to the Peace dollar the most since it's one of a kind.

Makes me wonder, now that the limit is set at 3 instead of 10, will more people try and buy the limit of 3 instead of just 1 or 2.
    I agree, many will be setting their sights on the Peace Dollar, which I believe will be an immediate sellout.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@anablep said:

Makes me wonder, now that the limit is set at 3 instead of 10, will more people try and buy the limit of 3 instead of just 1 or 2.
    I agree, many will be setting their sights on the Peace Dollar, which I believe will be an immediate sellout.

I believe some might buy more than 1 because of the HHL change but the end result will still be better availability for all since one person can't buy 10. 🤞

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

I'm still only going for 2 each (one for grading, one to keep in original packaging), I'm not greedy enough nor am I looking to profit off of a third, even with a HHL of three.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options

They were never released at 0730, always later and never at the same time twice

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    They were never released at 0730, always later and never at the same time twice

Gotcha! Have any been released in the last 2 weeks?

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I'll be interested in what happens with the CC and O. Neither reached product limit sales and sales for both have fallen 400 - 500 since May. Will the numbers continue to decline? With the order window closed, will they likely be the lowest mintages of the six?, or will the USM open them up again (maybe in August with the others). They were the least desirable to me with the privy mint mark and it's appearance.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    I'll be interested in what happens with the CC and O. Neither reached product limit sales and sales for both have fallen 400 - 500 since May. Will the numbers continue to decline? With the order window closed, will they likely be the lowest mintages of the six?, or will the USM open them up again (maybe in August with the others). They were the least desirable to me with the privy mint mark and it's appearance.

I thought all these had the same mintage numbers. These aren't made to order.🤔

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

The Morgans all have the same product limits 175,000 and the Peace 200,000, but neither the CC or O reached that limit and both have fallen back in sales numbers to less than 174,000 unless the mint reopens sales on them outside the order window. I'm guessing the remaining mints will come close to the product limit and for sure the Peace will be the top seller.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’m pretty sure after the mint interruption of sales that they have not offered any similar to the last offers and coffee club @ 7:30 am eastern. Probably won’t until next release of interest 2021Wtype2?

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@originalsandman said:

Congratulations! Has anyone had any success recently buying these 2 at 7:30 a.m. East Coast time?

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

• Options

@smuglr said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

The Morgans all have the same product limits 175,000 and the Peace 200,000, but neither the CC or O reached that limit and both have fallen back in sales numbers to less than 174,000 unless the mint reopens sales on them outside the order window. I'm guessing the remaining mints will come close to the product limit and for sure the Peace will be the top seller.

Oh wow. Thank you for the information. Good stuff!

• Options

The sales have fallen because what I’d consider normal cancelations and they haven’t been available to order since 3 days after release.

Are we going conspiratorially now?

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    The sales have fallen because what I’d consider normal cancelations and they haven’t been available to order since 3 days after release.

Nah...I would think the Mint wants to sell all they can....I would say higher likelihood of incompetence or laziness of the Mint management team.

They are so far behind in implementing the technology that could handle the website traffic they experience during these high demand items.🙄

• Options

The Worlds Fair of Money in Rosemont begins on August 10th which is also the release date for the Peace Silver dollar. Wondering if the U.S. Mint will sell on site?

• Options

@jessewvu said:

Not sure where that came from? I didn't say anything about conspiracy. As in my OP on the thread, I would be interested in where the numbers end up. Will the CC or O that I consider least desirable turn out to be the 'rarest' (lowest final mintage) of the series? I'm just interested in the numbers. The cancellations could be for any number of reasons, by the USM or the purchaser. Nothing to do with conspiracy.

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    The Worlds Fair of Money in Rosemont begins on August 10th which is also the release date for the Peace Silver dollar. Wondering if the U.S. Mint will sell on site?

If they do that would be awesome! Even better if PCGS has a booth at the show so you could get it graded on site!😎

• Options

So are you planning on getting the entire set or just one of each? For me, it's the Peace Dollar all the way!😎

• Options

I’d like to get one of each. The peace dollar will be tough.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Considering none are slated to be shipped until October (or even November), I doubt they would sell any at the show. Maybe they could have a kiosk where you can order online, but I don’t think that will happen either.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

There won't be any pre-orders left by the time the ANA Show opens to the public.

The Mint should, however, have some of the Type 2 ASE (S) for sale at their booth on release day August 12.
    I know I'll be there hoping they do!

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Considering none are slated to be shipped until October (or even November), I doubt they would sell any at the show. Maybe they could have a kiosk where you can order online, but I don’t think that will happen either.

Do think the mints booth will have 3 rings or 2🤡🍿🎪

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

That is a good point. Didn't think about that!🤣😂

• Options

Happy Holiday everyone!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸😎

• Options

Anybody looking in the mornings? Any luck?

• Options

18/44 comments from a single person. Ironically, the same person who complains about my doing the same thing. Lol

Happy 4th of July

• Options

Statistical analysis - cool hobby :D

• Options

@smuglr said:
    Statistical analysis - cool hobby :D

Yeah, I picked it up after I dropped hypocrisy. >:)

• Options

Nothing available this morning

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Darn!!!! I was hoping someone was able to snag a few hundred and then immediately tell us all about it.

• Options

@JeffM said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Darn!!!! I was hoping someone was able to snag a few hundred and then immediately tell us all about it.

Jeff, you have the wrong thread. Your comment will be welcomed over in the "Flippers Welcome" thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file