Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need a flashy gold toned peace dollar

RubiconRubicon Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
edited June 29, 2021 5:25AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I want to buy a flashy gold toned peace dollar in ms 65 or 66. Willing to pay upwards of $500 for the 65 and $1000 for the 66. Does anybody know of or could find such a coin. Posting photos of my 64 so you can get an idea of what I want.

Coin has pure blazing gold look without any brown.

Comparison to a very lightly toned walker.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot help you... I just dipped all my gold tarnished Peace Dollars...Now they are bright silver again. ;) Nah... just spoofing you.... Don't have any... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent.

BTW, the thread belongs on the Buy Sell Trade forum.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

My golden peace dollar d

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    edited June 29, 2021 2:30PM

@gtstang said:
    This is what I would consider gold toned.

@gtstang said:
    This is what I would consider gold toned.

Is that your coin? What is the grade?
    I compared photos, my coin is a bright yellow gold very lustrous. This coin seems less lustrous and a darker shade of gold going to a tan
    gold.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll go out on a limb here and say nobody else really sees what you’re seeing on your peace dollar.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a "golden" Peace dollar, gtstang's example fits the bill more so than the one in the OP's post.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2021 7:32AM

@clarkbar04 said:
    I’ll go out on a limb here and say nobody else really sees what you’re seeing on your peace dollar.

My Coin needs to be seen in hand. It is blazing rich gold. Below is the photo from the auction site, but when I received the coin it is a much richer gold tone.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/ij/mh4fyhy79g1f.jpeg ".

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a screenshot I did of a video file I made. It is mine and graded 64.
    You may want to look at great collections for the type toning peace $ you want. They have several listed currently and you can also review ended auctions.

• Options
    edited June 30, 2021 7:39AM

@gtstang said:
    Here's a screenshot I did of a video file I made. It is mine and graded 64.
    You may want to look at great collections for the type toning peace $ you want. They have several listed currently and you can also review ended auctions.

Okay thanks. Great collections has so many. I didn’t see any similar ones so far

• Options
    brocmitchellbrocmitchell Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

It may not be what you're looking for but there's gold on this one I have. It is NGC MS65+ and now CAC

• Options

@brocmitchell said:

It may not be what you're looking for but there's gold on this one I have. It is NGC MS65+ and now CAC

Pretty coin but not what I am looking for. Thanks

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could swear we've gone down this road before. Haven't we?

peacockcoins

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

Actually, this appears to be a fork in the road. The previous threads/posts were largely about a new purchase of an MS64 example. And how it was unusual, more lustrous, attractive and nicer than many/most others of that grade. That was even if the images didn’t show it and many posters disagreed.

Now, for whatever reason, the focus appears to have shifted to the pursuit of a higher grade one.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could this possibly be "User2"?

• Options

@MFeld said:

@braddick said:

Actually, this appears to be a fork in the road. The previous threads/posts were largely about a new purchase of an MS64 example. And how it was unusual, more lustrous, attractive and nicer than many/most others of that grade. That was even if the images didn’t show it and many posters disagreed.

Now, for whatever reason, the focus appears to have shifted to the pursuit of a higher grade one.

@MFeld said:

@braddick said:

Unfortunately my phone camera does not capture the full beauty as if it was seen in hand. Just wanted to upgrade to a better coin contact wise. No harm intended with my thread

I

• Options

^
    Naw, you're good.
    I just thought I was going kind of nuts and it's nice to see I am not (this time).

Please, continue with this Peace dollar thread. . .

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:
    ^
    Naw, you're good.
    I just thought I was going kind of nuts and it's nice to see I am not (this time).

Please, continue with this Peace dollar thread. . .

Thanks

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2021 11:56AM

I think your "golden-toned" threads are worthless >:)
    I think your questions here are getting more attention, perhaps, than some think they are worth :# .
    Unless you're a troll, which I still think is possible, to which I can only say "Well played"

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

Pretty coin in the "right" condition with the "right" look.

peacockcoins

• Options
    edited July 1, 2021 5:31PM

@ColonelJessup said:
    I think your "golden-toned" threads are worthless >:)
    I think your questions here are getting more attention, perhaps, than some think they are worth :# .
    Unless you're a troll, which I still think is possible, to which I can only say "Well played"

I am definitely not a troll, that’s a personal insult, I don’t like the personal attack. Even though you think it’s worthless you don’t understand the significance. I am into these gold toned peace dollars as this is an interesting and important subject. They are very scarce when they are well struck lustrous deep gold toned and eye appealing. By Q David Bowers.
    Check this out.

• Options
    edited July 1, 2021 5:24PM

@braddick said:
    Pretty coin in the "right" condition with the "right" look.

very nice piece you posted

Is the second photo a matte proof?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file