Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Warning, strong 💪 man, recourse ?

76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok all. I’ve had another first for me.

Just got my pack order back from PSA. Let me preface this by saying I have more experience subbing cards then packs but I’ve subbed maybe 100 packs in my life almost exclusively baseball. I bought some football last year and decided to sub a few. I get them and notice they are almost twice as thick as baseball. When they were stacked up they were so thick I thought they were sticking together. So I try to pull them apart. Not with incredible force and with nothing but my hands. Didn’t put a screw driver in there or anything crazy. And the top pulls right off a PSA 9 perfectly centered 81 Topps football cello pack. I admit I did do an arm workout once in 2021 so I’m sure my pounds of force average is higher than just the normal collector lol ! My experience with graded cards are the cases are very durable and almost can’t be cracked by hand and certainly not easily.

My questions are…

Have any of you done this to a pack case ?

Do you think I’m being unreasonable to think that PSA should reseal this for me for free ?

Thanks for your input.

Jeff (mr Olympia)

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
Collecting:
post world war II HOF rookie
76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

Comments

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Reach out to PSA and they should send you a label so that you can resend to them, on the house. You'll probably have to pay to return it back to you however.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2021 4:37PM

havent got a pack sub back in a while. is this what they look like these days?

like the older style for several reasons now.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen that, you must have herculean strength! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

They are using these holders intermittently now. I've had a few packs holdered with them. They present well but the well is sometimes a bit tight for wax. I prefer the ones with the tabs on the sides.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

they seem to have an excessive amount of plastic. am i seeing these right? is that three separate layers of plastic? gotta be noticeably heavier, which for shipping, storage and safety is not a good thing.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    they seem to have an excessive amount of plastic. am i seeing these right? is that three separate layers of plastic? gotta be noticeably heavier, which for shipping, storage and safety is not a good thing.

Yes it is. It’s quite excessive IMO. When 3 of the football cellos are stacked next to 3 baseball, here is the difference. 3 baseball is a shorter stack than 2 of the football. And hence why I tried to separate them. Looked like a hell o
    f a lot more than the packs.

Here is a picture. 3 baseball vs 3 football. (Disclaimer I don’t know if this is similar with all 80’s football cellos. This is 2 1982’s and 1 1981 )

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Whoa. Never seen or do that. That looks like it broke right along the sonic seal line, which is something that invites bad acts by people not as ethical as yourself. I would think that PSA would want to get that issue corrected free of charge.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2021 5:41PM

@grote15 said:

@blurryface said:

They are using these holders intermittently now. I've had a few packs holdered with them. They present well but the well is sometimes a bit tight for wax. I prefer the ones with the tabs on the sides.

yep -- over half of my Star Wars packs were damaged when they "squished"/forced the packs into the tight areas of these holders...needless to say, I wasn't too pleased...

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

From PSA homepage: Services, Customer request center, Quality assurance request. Enter cert number, description, declared value and upload pics of damage and provide explanation of what happened. They will respond and you'll have to agree to the pack being inspected again to determine it is still the same grade. They will send you a Fedex label and you'll do a re-holder submission free of charge. Of course, no guarantee on timeline of return to you. Just had a similar experience with a cracked slab on a submission return. Hope this helps.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

I assume they are thicker as they are thicker packs/more cards than the 70's cellos.

I too prefer the older, previous holders with tabs (the even older ones via 2017/18 without tabs best). It just boggles my mind why PSA can't leave them alone and be consistent with anything.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    From PSA homepage: Services, Customer request center, Quality assurance request. Enter cert number, description, declared value and upload pics of damage and provide explanation of what happened. They will respond and you'll have to agree to the pack being inspected again to determine it is still the same grade. They will send you a Fedex label and you'll do a re-holder submission free of charge. Of course, no guarantee on timeline of return to you. Just had a similar experience with a cracked slab on a submission return. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I will be taking these steps today.

Jeff

Collecting:
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Aren’t the serial numbers on the back of the holder too?

Even at that, it seems like it was way to easy to pull apart?