Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Washington quarter peeps— could this 98-D make PL ATS?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 27, 2021 1:46PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I picked it up in a mint set at a Santa Clara show about 15 years ago.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice quarter, but not familiar with ATS standards. I have ATS slabs, but never submitted there. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impossible to tell from that photo

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a nice 'un.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s hard to gauge reflectivity of the fields based on those photos. PCGS also now designated these as PL now thanks to Brett.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could save you the cost of submission if there is a coin show near enough that PCGS is at. Might pay for the gas and find out that day. There should be people at that large a coin show that would be able to tell you without submission.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess that it has a shot, would need better images to be sure.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the input everyone! I will see if I can get some better images to show the reflectivity

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file