Options

Some Early 1680 - 1830 fur trade silver and Stuff

HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... some really interesting finds....Most of which, I have no idea what function they performed. Some nice points, assume they were either picked up or exposed in a dig. Thanks for the pictures... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have some really nice finds ... most of which I have no idea of what they are.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those mouth harps? Are the metal cones tree taps for maple syrup? Nice assortment of relics. This is why I dig also. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff

• Options

Jaw Harps .. Brass/Copper and Steel. Steel are the rare ones//.. The cones made of copper are from copper kettles. They were cut and formed and worn in the hair and on the clothing. Copper arrowheads,, lead chips made from musket balls flattened and formed with a hole .. I have one with a bead in the center of the hole. The fox pendent is a beauty formed from a copper kettle super item. All the rings are identified as Fur Trade Rings but still waiting for the IHS ring. The silver items are fur trade silver ... Pendants, earrings, nose rings and copper beads cone shaped and used for "Looking Good" Bling Bling. .. 2nd pic.. Musket balls, and more bling of silver also a steel/iron formed scarper.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You certainly have a target rich area you search. Quite the variety of finds. A lot of history in those pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice finds and I'm going to guess that it took more than a day to find all of those items. Plus you know what they all are. B)