Home› Sports Talk
Options

Best player per uniform number

perkdogperkdog Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 25, 2021 9:32AM in Sports Talk

1- Warren Moon

«1

Comments

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    20 - Barry Sanders

  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1/8 - eddie gaedel

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    12 - Tommy freakin Brady.

  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    00

    Jim Otto.

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

    #82 Ozzie Newsome

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

    87 Gronk

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    3 - Bronko Nagurski

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

    An obvious one: #80 Jerry Rice

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Are we talking about just football or all of sports?

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    7 - Topps 1952 baseball card # 311

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    13 - GOAT basketball player

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    87 Gronk

    So many college te wear #87 now.

  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If it’s football only, then we know who #21 belongs to.

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @keets said:
    00

    Jim Otto.

    Robert Parish

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    All!

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Larry

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Best 14? Maybe Pete Rose. My favorite 14.. definitely Jim Rice

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    88 Michael Irvin?

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 10:54AM

    @thisistheshow said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    All!

    Are you sure, I'm going to have to wait on perkdog to confirm this before I comment any further on this thread. If anyone needs me, I'll be looking for the latest Scottie Pippen verbal jabs.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I can't take it anymore, I have to comment on this thread!

    22 - Emmitt Smith

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Best 4? Gehrig or Orr? Best 99 Gretzky

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    7 - Topps 1952 baseball card # 311

    https://youtu.be/NRUdaWZ4FN0

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Best 41 Dirk

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Best 3. The Babe

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Great thread @perkdog

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    @stevek said:
    7 - Topps 1952 baseball card # 311

    Parents name their kids after birds...why not numbers?

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 11:33AM
    1. Mario Lemieux. 4 Bobby Orr

    33- Bird over Jabbar ?

    77 Ray Bourque

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

    Come on Steve, I'm trying to start a dynasty here!

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

    Come on Steve, I'm trying to start a dynasty here!

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

    Come on Steve, I'm trying to start a dynasty here!

    No problem with me.

    For a $5 Paypal gift payment, my vote can be bought. If $5 is too much, I think i would take $2.50, but nothing less than that, I'm drawing the line.

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Goldenage said:
    66. Mario Lemieux. 4 Bobby Orr

    33- Bird over Jabbar ?

    77 Ray Bourque

    Yes, Bird over Kareem. The rest are good I think.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

    Come on Steve, I'm trying to start a dynasty here!

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    If Perkdog doesn't respond soon, he may possibly lose any consideration for Sports Talk poster of the year. This is a very serious matter.

    I thought we all agreed that I would repeat as poster of the year. Stop it Steve, you're just trying to scare me!

    I'll have to check the bylaws about that.

    i'm not sure if repeats are allowed.

    Come on Steve, I'm trying to start a dynasty here!

    No problem with me.

    For a $5 Paypal gift payment, my vote can be bought. If $5 is too much, I think i would take $2.50, but nothing less than that, I'm drawing the line.

    Put it on my tab, we'll settle up at the end of the month!

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 11:45AM

    @perkdog said:
    1- Warren Moon

    I think an honorable mention can go to Terry Sawchuk

    Edited to add. Anyone else agree?

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    19 - Johnnie Unitus

    I know that I am showing my age.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭

    42 - Jackie Robinson

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 12:05PM

    Number 23 has to be Michael Jordan, and on this issue, there can be no debate!

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 12:04PM

    7 - Micky Mantle

    I remember going to a semi-pro game when I lived in Quincy, Massachusetts. I guy came up, batting third or fourth, who was wearing number 7. I thought about Mantle as soon as he stepped up the plate, and darned if he didn't put the first pitch to him over the fence.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    24 Willie Mays

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2021 12:20PM

    @thisistheshow said:
    Best 3. The Babe

    I’ll give you the Babe, but Secretariat was the best ever 1A.

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    My intentions were to do football and in order lol. But I typed it up thinking everything was clear but it didn’t save my post for some reason, I started it then had to take a 15 minute phone call and thought it was saved when I posted it. It’s way too out of control now!!

  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    32

    Jim Brown.

  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Goldenage said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    Best 3. The Babe

    I’ll give you the Babe, but Secretariat was the best ever 1A.

    Dale Earnhardt 1B

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

    23 jordan hasnt been said yet?

  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

    and 99 gretzky.

    cmon fellas

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    20 - Mike Schmidt

    Fixed it for you.

    No problem, happy to correct the mistake.

    This thread has gotten out of control, is perkdog talking about football or all of sports? Help, help I say!

    My intentions were to do football and in order lol. But I typed it up thinking everything was clear but it didn’t save my post for some reason, I started it then had to take a 15 minute phone call and thought it was saved when I posted it. It’s way too out of control now!!

    Ah ha! I suspected you were talking about football, you're right it's too late now, all we can do is sit back and enjoy the ride. Teddy bear rollercoaster time!

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    16 - Joe Montana

Sign In or Register to comment.