Home U.S. Coin Forum

My CAC results---from 2009!

GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was doing some cleaning up and found CAC results from a submission back in 2009. Not sure I can read much into it 11 years later other than my collecting preferences and tastes have changed quite a bit (I dont still own any of these coins). I do think these results helped educate me that I still needed help in identifying coins solid for the grade so definitely helpful in that sense.
I'm not sure If I had to pick one of those coins to have kept which one it would be (which tells me I dont regret not having any of them). Anyway, here are my 11 year old CAC results!

Comments

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find! Interesting how the terminology has changed from "Not PQ".

Collector, occasional seller

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

JA is tough on gold today and probably was equally as tough back in 2009. Two out of six on gold is probably above average.

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

You went 50/50 on those results, which is very good. Getting any gold to pass is also very good. My first ever submission also went 50/50.

• GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    JA is tough on gold today and probably was equally as tough back in 2009. Two out of six on gold is probably above average.

One of the gold coins I purchased came back with "putty" on a note. That was a wake up call. Definitely influenced me going forward on my gold coin purchases

• GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robkool said:
    You went 50/50 on those results, which is very good. Getting any gold to pass is also very good. My first ever submission also went 50/50.

I remember at the time I thought all would be stickered! I do think I have a better eye than I did 12 years ago but in case I dont---I have purchased almost exclusively CAC coins.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually looks like good results for the time... Seems it may have been your first submission to CAC, and also in their early times...So the results would actually be good and certainly a learning experience. Cheers, RickO

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have portal access, you should be able to see most of your subs. I joined in 2013 so thats when my history starts.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• JonBrand83JonBrand83 Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha to "not PQ". Just funny to me for whatever reason!

Jbknifeandcoin.com
    IG: jb_rarities

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pants!!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file