Home U.S. Coin Forum

Picked up this nice Morgan at my local antique shop. Who knew the shop owner is also a coin dealer 👍

markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visited my local antique mall for the first time in over 2 years. I know there was a silver dealer but thought he only sold regular raw junk 90% silver for coins. Turns out he has rare certified silver dollars including a few cc Morgan graded PCGS ms 63. I am super happy there is a place I can get coins now only a 5 min drive from my home. I was going to buy the cc but I am planning to spend $ at a coin show.
Hear is the Morgan I picked up today, it’s a common date but any Morgan In Ms is cool

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan’s are great

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the price right?

Many happy BST transactions
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a common date MS63 CC the price is important. I hope it wasn't too high.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking Morgan - prices for them have been on the rise for some reason - some say because of the interest it generated from these 2021 strikes.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2021 4:12PM

@cheezhed said:
    Was the price right?

I bought it for $85. I think It was a reasonable price considering a few months ago on Heritage one sold for at auction for $79 and the price being around the same on eBay auctions in the past month. Also the Pcgs price guide value went up to $100. Even though the price guide is a bit inflated, the fact that the prices have been rising in the past few months and prices of the coin ranging from $68-90 at auction, I think I did ok 👌

@291fifth said:
    For a common date MS63 CC the price is important. I hope it wasn't too high.

I didn’t ask because I was saving for next weeks coin show, but I am interested in buying the cc after. I should ask when it comes to that time

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy your new addition!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • FishproFishpro Posts: 377 ✭✭✭

I just sold 50 MS-63 mixer dates Morgan’s wholesale at $80 each, your price was very good.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Morgan, and the price - considering recent market pricing - seems reasonable. Go get that CC now.... ;) My favorites... did the set about 20 years ago. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Nice Morgan, and the price - considering recent market pricing - seems reasonable. Go get that CC now.... ;) My favorites... did the set about 20 years ago. Cheers, RickO

Probably will get one at the coin show I am going to this week

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file