Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint Enrollment "MN" -- ASE Proof-W

MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am enrolled for the ASE, Proof-W (i.e., "MN"). The next release in this program is 21EAN on 07.01.21. Per the enrollment program description, the Mint is supposed to "email notifications to subscribers 30 days before the scheduled release of the next product."

Based on the today's date, I should already have received a notification. Alas, I have not.

Has anyone that is enrolled for this product received a notification yet?

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should cancel all enrollments as they are technically pre-orders and their guidelines are clear that orders made prior to the official release time/date will be canceled.

I bet there are less than 20% of these coins offered due to the big boys getting their lot in pre-enrollments.

Someone should FOIA pre-enrollment sales numbers on this coin. I bet it’s a size-able amount of the entire allotment of coins being offered.

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    I am enrolled for the ASE, Proof-W (i.e., "MN"). The next release in this program is 21EAN on 07.01.21. Per the enrollment program description, the Mint is supposed to "email notifications to subscribers 30 days before the scheduled release of the next product."

Based on the today's date, I should already have received a notification. Alas, I have not.

Has anyone that is enrolled for this product received a notification yet?

Yes back on May 14th addressing the amount one can order I received an email. They state the limit is for 2021 but not for 2022.

@jessewvu said:
    They should cancel all enrollments as they are technically pre-orders and their guidelines are clear that orders made prior to the official release time/date will be canceled.

I bet there are less than 20% of these coins offered due to the big boys getting their lot in pre-enrollments.

Someone should FOIA pre-enrollment sales numbers on this coin. I bet it’s a size-able amount of the entire allotment of coins being offered.

Completely disagree.
    The enrollment program, like it or not, has been around for years.
    So you want to penalize those who have been enrolled for 5-10 years?
    Sounds like sour grapes to me. Plenty of threads and/or notices when enrollment was open was discussed. If you decided to not enroll that’s on you, not the mint in this situation.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 7:06AM

@jessewvu said:

If you are referencing the "Authorized Bulk Purchase Program":
    "Not all Mint products will be offered through this program, and no more than 10% of products with limited quantities will be distributed under this program."
    Source

Edited to Add:
    Thanks for the reply. :)

• Options

@Danno44

Thanks for the reply. :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am enrolled in that program and like the fact that I do not have to fight the 'system' at release time. I wish this could be applied to other new releases as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I’m just saying that the smart ones out there got several enrollments in place reducing the total stock available on day 1. 😉

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

@jessewvu said:
    I’m just saying that the smart ones out there got several enrollments in place reducing the total stock available on day 1. 😉

"The smart ones got several enrollments" seems to contradict "they should cancel all enrollments"

• Options

I thought we were finding ways to improve overall distribution of mint products.

How it actually works is all together different.

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I thought we were finding ways to improve overall distribution of mint products.

How it actually works is all together different.

I am not a Mint apologist. That said ...

I just reviewed the items available through the "enrollment" program.
    Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/shop/enrollments/

Based on my limited experience, the overwhelming majority of these items do not appear to be offerings that routinely become unavailable shortly after release.

Example #1 - Enrollment "MY", "Proof Set Enrollment". The 2021 version of this item, 21RG, was released on 03.05.21. At the time of this post, it is still available for purchase from the Mint.
    Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/proof-set-2021-21RG.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule

Example #2 - Enrollment "RJ", "Presidential Silver Medal Enrollment". Two medals have already been released this year:
    ~ Van Buren, S808, was released on 02.02.21. At the time of this post, it is still available for purchase from the Mint.
    Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/martin-van-buren-presidential-silver-medal-S808.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule
    ~ Harrison, S809, was released on 05.03.21.At the time of this post, it is still available for purchase from the Mint.
    Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/william-henry-harrison-presidential-silver-medal-S809.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule

My point - it seems that the Mint deliberately attempts to avoid including 'high (expected) demand/limited mintage' items in the "enrollment" program. By adopting this strategy, the "enrollment" program would not typically impact availability on release day.

This year's ASE offerings appear to be anomalous due to the redesign. In order to mitigate the impact on availability at release, the Mint has:
    ~ stopped selling new ASE "enrollments";
    ~ stopped accepting increases to existing "enrollments" for 21EAN, 21EMN, and 21EGN;
    ~ limited existing "enrollments" for ASE Proof coins to 25 units.

• Options

For those enrolled in "MN", the next release in this program is 21EAN on 07.01.21.

Just a friendly reminder - the credit card and address information for the enrollment program are stored separately from the information saved to your main Mint account. This can lead to synchronization issues. As such, you should verify your enrollment information prior to release. To do this:

1) Sign into your Mint account;
    2) Left click "My Product Enrollments" under "Account Settings";
    3) Left click the enrollment of interest. In this case, "American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin Enrollment (W)";
    4) Left click the "Billing & Delivery" tab;
    5) Update address and payment information as needed. For payment information, click the box that says "update payment" and select the card information you wish to use;
    6) Scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you changed something, left click "Update Order". Else, left click "Return to My Enrollments".

Please be advised that any changes must be applied at least 3 days prior to the products scheduled release date.

:)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay close attention

3 days prior

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Pay close attention

3 days prior

Yes, sir.

The e-mail I received from "Mint Support" in mid-May said: "changes must be applied at least 3 days prior to the products scheduled release date." Further, the "My Products Enrollments" webpage currently says: "If you would like to modify product enrollments or payment methods, please do so by 11:59 PM ET 2 days prior to the product scheduled release date for updates to be reflected on your next shipment."

Bottom Line - we have a limited 'window' to make any required changes for the upcoming release. As such, I respectfully suggest that everyone with an enrollment take a moment to review their information prior to the deadline. :)

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

My enrollments for proof SAE's disappeared the night before the coins were released. This despite receiving confirmation from the US Mint. Interestingly, those enrolments have now reappeared on my account page. I have two enrollments, both showing active now:

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

@Burnie said:
    My enrollments for proof SAE's disappeared the night before the coins were released. This despite receiving confirmation from the US Mint. Interestingly, those enrolments have now reappeared on my account page. I have two enrollments, both showing active now:

I am sorry that this happened to you.

Did you ever figure out why your enrollments "disappeared" just prior to release? For example, was the cc information associated with your enrollments expired?

Note - see this post above. The credit card and address information for the enrollment program are stored separately from the information saved to your main Mint account.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Burnie said:

Did you ever figure out why your enrollments "disappeared" just prior to release? For example, was the cc information associated with your enrollments expired?

Note - see this post above. The credit card and address information for the enrollment program are stored separately from the information saved to your main Mint account.

No, I specifically checked to make sure my credit card info was up to date. My address hasn't changed in more than 10 years, and I've been buying from the mint for almost 20 years. I've no idea why the enrollments disappeared. I didn't try to call or follow up with the Mint, not after seeing all the issues everyone else was having.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

@Burnie said:
    No, I specifically checked to make sure my credit card info was up to date. My address hasn't changed in more than 10 years, and I've been buying from the mint for almost 20 years. I've no idea why the enrollments disappeared. I didn't try to call or follow up with the Mint, not after seeing all the issues everyone else was having.

Based on the timing of the "disappearance", I surmised that the issue had something to do with your cc. Namely, the charge did not process successfully (e.g., expired cc, cc declined the transaction due to the $ amount, etc.).

Sounds like you verified the payment information that is specific to your enrollment, not just the main account "payment method". So, it was not an expired cc.

Just trying to help you 'root cause' the situation. In short, the 2021 failure could have been on your end, rather than a Mint 'glitch'. If it was, it is important to 'identify/address' it, else the issue has the potential to repeat in 2022.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

My enrollment disappeared the day before release as well. I had received the reminder emails and all was good to go. The enrollment was not filled.

I questioned the mint about it and they said that enrollments and release day orders are all processed together. If they run out of inventory, then some enrollments are not filled. This is sure contrary to the way I've always thought enrollments were processed first and that number reduced the amount offered on release day. I guess that's changed now.

• Options

@rip_f said:
    My enrollment disappeared the day before release as well. I had received the reminder emails and all was good to go. The enrollment was not filled.

I questioned the mint about it and they said that enrollments and release day orders are all processed together. If they run out of inventory, then some enrollments are not filled. This is sure contrary to the way I've always thought enrollments were processed first and that number reduced the amount offered on release day. I guess that's changed now.

I recall your recent post. It included a transcript of an interaction with a Mint rep.

Similar to you, I always believed that enrollments 'cut to the front of the line'. Meaning that inventory for enrollments was reserved prior to release, and that the balance of the inventory was made available to the public at release.

Given my understanding of the process, it made no sense that you did not receive your enrollment due to "lack of inventory". So, I telephoned the Mint this evening, and asked about enrollments.

Note - I am NOT disputing the account of your Mint interaction. I can't; you posted a transcript. Just thought that it would be informative to ask a different rep about enrollments.

During my call, I was told that enrollment inventory was indeed reserved prior to release. And that the balance of the inventory was made available to the public at release. Further, I was told the the most likely reason for an unfilled enrollment order was invalid information (i.e., payment 'and/or' shipping).

Bottom Line - my call seems to confirm your original understanding of the enrollment process (i.e., it has not changed).

At this point, I do not believe that anything can be done about your missed 'enrollment MN/item 21EAN'. However, 'enrollment MT/item 21EGN' is pending. If you have an enrollment for this item, it might be worth your time to call the Mint in order to confirm your payment and shipping information.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file