Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone have one of these replicas?

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they were sold in the 90's. The reverse has a copy stamp on it with .999 under the word copy. According to the COA, it contains 2 oz. of silver. Is that correct?

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen that before.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is "copy" stamped on the reverse?.......I HATE THAT!!!!!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. Very much.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Is "copy" stamped on the reverse?.......I HATE THAT!!!!!

Yes.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2021 8:12PM

Had a few several years ago and sold them when silver spiked.

Some designs were not that great while others were very good. They made a series of designs, not sure how many. After some research they did not seem to be scarce in spite of what the "...edition limited to 30 striking days" tries to imply. Though they could be tougher now depending on how much was melted. Doubt they have any premium over what other silver brings.

Almost kept the 1822 Half Eagle copy it looked so nice.

Yes they are 2 ounces of silver unlike some other deceptive plated rounds marketed over the years that are copper based.

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a nice 'copy'.... and 2 oz. (I assume Troy) is a nice weight. A nice piece. Might be tempted to pick one up at a show. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Here is the reverse. Someone had it listed as a buy in now for $15. Figured there can't be much downside for $15.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@relicsncoins said:
    Here is the reverse. Someone had it listed as a buy in now for $15. Figured there can't be much downside for $15.

Two ounces of silver for $15? None too shabby.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2021 1:10PM

@relicsncoins said:
    I think they were sold in the 90's. The reverse has a copy stamp on it with .999 under the word copy. According to the COA, it contains 2 oz. of silver. Is that correct?

It might be worth asking Arthur Blumenthal:

http://www.arthurblumenthal.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file