Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1893 o Morgan Dollar vg10

Just picked this up for $200 nice looking original coin. :)

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice looking dollar. I like the contrast of the dark background and lighter devices.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    That is a nice looking dollar. I like the contrast of the dark background and lighter devices.

I agree. Nice color and good cost.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

that looks real nice, i like

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Very nice looking “circ cameo”. I like it.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice addition to your collection. I like the old circam Morgans... especially without distracting PMD. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    truebloodtrueblood Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

Very very nice

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, I don't like it as much as everyone else does. It looks (at least) lightly cleaned to me.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Apparently, I don't like it as much as everyone else does. It looks (at least) lightly cleaned to me.

I agree with Mark. It looks like it's spent time retoning, but the lighter areas (particularly around UNUM) and the sheen also made me think it was cleaned. For an original coin with darker surface, I'd expect them to be a bit deeper and more matte.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭

I really like that Morgan! Possible cleaning, umm maybe there are a few tell tale signs but nothing where I could say for sure and absolutely nothing I would be concerned about. I collect circulated Morgans and this has the look that many who like circulated coins are looking for.
    JMO
    Al

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to have been burnished with a cloth to bring out the highlights. The graders may have been willing to overlook this because the coin, otherwise, is very nice for the grade and is a better date.

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file