Deleted

Comments

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would spend the money on that coin.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a good chance for a details grade.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

70/30, I've seen worse in straight grade holders so worth a gamble if you like.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good looking coin overall, well struck, lustrous, very attractive multicolored toning that appears very natural.

Quite a few marks on the coin as well as on the plastic covering it. Some are obviously one or the other, but it would be good to show pictures of both sides without the holder.

I dislike the arbitrary imaginary, and capricious "line" between many, many "straight grade" and " genuine/ details" coins, and this is an example.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:50AM

Deleted

• Options

Deleted

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin and I'd be disappointed if they downgraded it any more than if the scratch had be caused by the incident handling of the coin after it was struck. It's not a huge distraction and in my mind would not get undue attention accepted you pointed it out and gave the story behind it. I wonder what would have happened if you posted the pictures with a simple "grade this coin"?

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if that would straight grade. That scratch is pretty brutal, and it almost looks like hairlines on the cheek in that last pic.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

That does not look like a straight grade coin to me.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it has a better chance of grading these days than not. 5 or so years ago my opinion would be the opposite!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that would get a 'details' grade.... JMO.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting part is if it were AU it would likely straight grade.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, just for clarification: Are we saying the mark on her neck #1 is a scratch and not a die crack, and the scratch #2 under her chin is cause for details grade? Just curious, as I thought #1 was a die crack. JMO
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

Deleted

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks to my eyes as a scratched AU with secondary toning. Don't get me wrong, the coin is pretty to the vast majority of folks, but it looks destined for a "details" holder.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too know the pain of a nice coin with the effing scratch 😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    edited January 3, 2022 11:51AM

Deleted

• Options
    edited January 3, 2022 11:47AM

Deleted

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin......Details grade. I like it.

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on it straight grading. Pretty coin. I have stated before that ALL of the TPG's are inconsistent when it comes to scratches. It can be very frustrating.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your grade.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2021 5:03PM

not sure i'd submit depending on cost basis. it is a nice coin but not particularly valuable, especially when you're wondering if it will slide through the system with a noticeable size scratch on the focal area of the obv.

probably destined to be in a nice 9090 set.

an exception is if it does actually grade and the desirable toning pushes the value up quite a bit.

(NM, i see now the graded coin a few posts above) gratz. glad i was at least close to my assessment.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file