Home Precious Metals
Options

needle in search of a bubble

derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Growing wealth inequality may be a needle in search of a bubble.

"If the prices of food, shelter, and other necessities continue to surge higher without equivalent wage growth, wealth inequality will worsen. This problem represents a coming dilemma for the Fed. When the media and politicians take notice, they will pressure the Fed on their inflation stance. If the Fed is persuaded or even forced to act, bubbles driven by the latest round of excessive liquidity, are likely to deflate."

The FED is going to raise rates and asset markets will negatively respon.

Got gold?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2021 4:14PM

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    The fix has been smaller portions for same dollars. That's not changing and is pushed. Get used to it.

Smaller portions at the same price for low income families only results in less food in the belly. It is not a fix, it is a "hidden" price inflation that increases FED policy fueled income inequality. The numbers in the OP link paint the picture for those that seek the truth.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody said it was a fix proper, should have "fixed" it.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn, wake me up when something gets ready to implode. Gutter can't even hold $28. LuLz!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't take much of a needle to pop a mania bubble.. sometimes the mob simply moves on, and folks gets trampled at the exits

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    Nobody said it was a fix proper, should have "fixed" it.

Got this from the bank today...

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smells like opportunity.

Im just hoping this translates into asset deflation and not further social degradation, cuz some of y'all out there are nuts.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read some report compiled by someone in the FED a few years after the housing crash.

The wealth gap widened in the wake of that crash.

The Fed is aware and I’m surprised the author of that quote is not aware that the politicians are already aware.

The whole “rich get richer, and the poor get poorer” things has been around and happening since I was a kid from a few years ago.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

fat, medicated and woke. This country deserves the pain that is coming.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I read some report compiled by someone in the FED a few years after the housing crash.

The wealth gap widened in the wake of that crash.

The Fed is aware and I’m surprised the author of that quote is not aware that the politicians are already aware.

The whole “rich get richer, and the poor get poorer” things has been around and happening since I was a kid from a few years ago.

I think, it's been around since the "dawn of mankind," it's in our DNA ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

problem with income inequality is that as both the top 10% get richer and the bottom 50% get poorer, those in between seldom rise to the top 10%. They (most of us here) unfortunately get delegated to the bottom 50%. As the standard of living declines for the lower 50%, so does it for those in the middle.

This is why those not in the bottom 50% need to realize a growing income inequality is a threat to their own quality of life.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2021 9:33AM

A quote this morning from the NY Times...
    "The 25 richest Americans paid little to no federal income taxes for years, according to I.R.S. filings obtained by ProPublica."

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

This is why those not in the bottom 50% need to realize a growing income inequality is a threat to their own quality of life.

Agreed. Now how to fix?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Agreed. Now how to fix?

Implode the comex by hoarding a bunch of shiny trinkets in my bunker? Take that you banksters. lol sorry couldn't resist

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Agreed. Now how to fix?

Fiscal Responsibility might be a good start...

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Agreed. Now how to fix?

More Platitudes and Tautologies ought to do the trick. 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry