Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

All Time Great Baseball Photo

Something fantastic here.

Something timeless but also very 2021, also seems to tell a great story. All the good things about baseball.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great photo. Here’s another…

A type I of one of the greatest and most valuable power hitters of all time practices his drag bunting.

My, how baseball has changed.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

A type I of one of the greatest and most valuable power hitters of all time practices his drag bunting.

Almost fell over when I read the words “drag bunting”. Bunting itself is a lost art today yet alone the drag bunt. It’s almost comical watching games today and seeing God awful attempts at getting a bunt down. Remember watching Vince Coleman lay down a perfect drag bunt was a thing of beauty as a child.

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"
    Charlie Hustle

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bull_Bear said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Almost fell over when I read the words “drag bunting”. Bunting itself is a lost art today yet alone the drag bunt. It’s almost comical watching games today and seeing God awful attempts at getting a bunt down. Remember watching Vince Coleman lay down a perfect drag bunt was a thing of beauty as a child.

Very few athletes work on their whole game; just the skills that get you paid.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest