Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold BLP Incuse Indian Thread - Post and Discuss!

JonBrand83JonBrand83 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bella Pratt Indians have been my favorite coins since I was a child, particularly the Quarter Eagles which are a fairly simple and straightforward series to collect. The design on both denominations sets them apart from the rest. Post what you have, what you like, or anything that tickles your fancy!

Jbknifeandcoin.com
IG: jb_rarities

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a beautiful set! I'm trying to get my quarter eagles with at least some color.

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    My toned Indian Set. Love these coins!

Beautiful set. There's something very appealing to me about toned gold coins.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2021 6:15PM

If I might pick a nit, let us discuss the term “incused .” I have maintained for decades that the designs are not incused, but rather recessed below the level of the field.
    Look at the head and the eagle. They are in normal raised relief.
    What say thee?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

@CaptHenway said:
    If I might pick a nit, let us discuss the term “incused .” I have maintained for decades that the designs are not incused, but rather recessed below the level of the field.

If you take away the raised feilds it would be that way.

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold Indians.... great coins... I have always been a fan of the half eagle, I just prefer the larger size. I have posted my 1909D $5 many times on this forum. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Kliao I like that 1915 also. I have owned a few 1915 indians and they were all a bit deeper orange then most of my others.

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options

Theres gotta be more gold indian lovers here. Lets get this thread rocking with more of your bbeautiful peices. I just love the 2,5 gold indians but am not seeing much action on the forums.

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonBrand83 said:
    Theres gotta be more gold indian lovers here. Lets get this thread rocking with more of your bbeautiful peices. I just love the 2,5 gold indians but am not seeing much action on the forums.

I'm sure there are more but after seeing that set of amazing tone coins I think some folks feel "why bother" :).

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

Looks very nice Weesel!

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    That's a very nice 1909. The 1909 is one of five dates I still need.

Here's another one from my collection-

Stunning.. wish I owned that!

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    I only have a couple that have TV's. The rest don't like to have their picture taken.

I used to own that exact 1914d! Sold it a couple years back.

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonBrand83 said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    I only have a couple that have TV's. The rest don't like to have their picture taken.

I used to own that exact 1914d! Sold it a couple years back.

I have owned it for few years so I am guessing I got it right after you. It was an NEN buy from Chris. I was after MS64CAC's but this one just looked really nice. Thanks for selling it.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    What say thee?

so what you would consider to be fully incused would be something like a mirror brockage?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread!

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@CaptHenway said:
    What say thee?

so what you would consider to be fully incused would be something like a mirror brockage?

Yes. That said, there are incused letters on some of the recent quarters.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I own a couple for type. Dates relate to significant family dates. I have a really hard time grading this design.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

@Cameonut Those are pretty! Nice color.

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Better shot of my 1908. Currently PCGS MS61, used to be a CAC NGC MS61.

I love the color on that one.

• Options

@jwitten has the most beautiful toned set ever B)

Jbknifeandcoin.com

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullHorn said:
    I like the color on this one. NGC 62

WOW!!! That is just off the charts! I’m loving that one.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:

@FullHorn said:
    I like the color on this one. NGC 62

WOW!!! That is just off the charts! I’m loving that one.

It's very clean for a 62

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file