Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TNA FINDS - 1918 BUFF AND A 1841 LARGE CENT

I went to the TEXAS NUMISMATIC ASSOCIATION show today and picked up these 2 coins.

First is the 1918 Buff in Fine for $8

Next is a 1841 Large cent in Fine for $15

I dont care for coin shows anymore as most coins are in cases and are hard to search.

HOW DID I DO?

Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!

Comments

  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Two feather on the nickel? If so that's a nice one, especially for eight bucks!

  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

    Yes it is a 2 feather! Sorry.

    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those are two “better dates” in their respective series that you picked up for a good price.

    Re: coins in cases, get yourself an inexpensive jumbo 3x magnifying glass like I did; you can scan dealer cases fairly quickly that way, through the glass, without dealer assistance.
    Then if you spot something of interest, ask to see it in hand, and have your good 5x glass at the ready for close up inspection.

    Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That 2F date is worth about 50 bucks according to my book. I found a nice XF40 1941 DDO-001 when I was out coin hunting yesterday, worth maybe $75 or so.

  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

    Cool i can get one of those grandpa magnifying glass!!!! Lol

    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice finds.... Great to find good stuff in raw state. Sure, I buy mostly slabbed coins... but always look at raw coins too... there are little treasures out there... Like the Buff in the OP. Nice finds. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file