Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sacramento Coin Show Report - June 4th (only one picture)

pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a 15 month absence, I attended my first "major" coin show this morning. I arrived in the first hour of the first day of the show (on a weekday) and the parking lots were already overflowing. Most tables were two to three people deep with many buy/sell transactions in process.

I was on a personal crusade to find old or unique holders. I could not find any of the rare or semi-rare side (doilies, regency's, white label rattler's, NGC 2.0, 2.1 or even 3.0) but I did pick up a few goodies (will display in a future post).

Prices were obviously much higher than in early 2020 and there was less room for negotiation but all in all, it was great to do something "normal" again. I sure won't take these shows for granted in the future:

Comments

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent. Boy do I need a good show...

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice that you were able to enjoy a show again.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Nice that you were able to enjoy a show again.

Thanks @coinbuf. Little did I know half of northern California had the same idea.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks crowded!

I saw 4 dollies on the bourse at the TNA show today. One guy had three, and in my experience, they were grossly overpriced (to the tune of $500 each). The last one was a common $10 Indian in 61 with a CAC sticker, and an ask of at least $500 over the typical price for the same coin. I steered very clear. I understand premiums, but I don’t understand gouging.

Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a lot of action.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice report, thanks for the picture. Certainly looks like a good crowd. Great to see coin shows returning. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file