Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE FLASH SALE

1979 TOPPS BASEBALL UNOPENED VENDING BOX (FASC) $1,475.00 10 left https://www.bbcexchange.com/1979-Topps-Baseball-Unopened-Vending-Box-FASC-Flash-Sale

Comments

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold out!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

There's still 5 actually as of 1808 MST. Is it still the jones of some for unopened ? Cuz opening a box like this would get ya bumpkis.

This brings a question. With costs of grading where it's headed, what remains the thoughts on unopened product from that era like this ? The allure of unopened still ? even with if opened, would bring pukature ?

• Options
    edited June 4, 2021 6:29PM

@Sgt_D said:
    There's still 5 actually as of 1808 MST. Is it still the jones of some for unopened ? Cuz opening a box like this would get ya bumpkis.

This brings a question. With costs of grading where it's headed, what remains the thoughts on unopened product from that era like this ? The allure of unopened still ? even with if opened, would bring pukature ?

Was sold out but back up probably due to people trying to order more than the 1 box per customer limit.

For me, personally, I don't open or have any real plans to open vintage boxes or packs. Cards are easy to find, vintage unopened packs or boxes are not and only get scarcer (and seemingly more valuable) over time. That said, a PSA 10 Smith RC may be lurking inside one of these case fresh boxes, you never know. ;)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@Sgt_D said:

Was sold out but back up probably due to people trying to order more than the 1 box per customer limit.

For me, personally, I don't open or have any real plans to open vintage boxes or packs. Cards are easy to find, vintage unopened packs or boxes are not and only get scarcer (and seemingly more valuable) over time. That said, a PSA 10 Smith RC may be lurking inside one of these case fresh boxes, you never know. ;)

Not a fan of vending unless it’s 1952 Topps high series ;)

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    edited June 4, 2021 6:49PM

@softparade said:

@grote15 said:

@Sgt_D said:

Not a fan of vending unless it’s 1952 Topps high series ;)

Better source than 70s cellos for pulling mint cards, though ;)

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the fact that there is no gum.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to just buy one at 7:30 PST

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Sold out when I tried at 11:41 p.m.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

I grabbed the last one. Not a fan of the product but at that price it is tough to go wrong

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately I already have a few of these. Now for a flash sale on 1978, 1976 or 1975 vending! >:)

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

good price but boring product. vending that is. not the year. especially if collation or centering is off for the batch. and even more so w grading being down and/or now much stricter.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Still 5 left as of this posting

Jim

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they have a flash sale on 62 Mars Attacks.....

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Well heck, I nabbed one as I'm trying to make a 80's sealed vending box collection ATM. Why not start with '79 since my wife would kill me going after 80/81 boxes. lol

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

There 4 left they must of added more

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kobefan1 said:
    There 4 left they must of made more

There. Fixed it for you.
    Lol. Just kidding Steve.

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Just bought one.

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Never had any luck with vending. Don’t think I have ever sent a card to PSA from vending. No way I would spend that kind of money on such a boring product.. Would rather spend it on a nice graded card(s). To each his own.

• Options

@ElvisP said:
    Never had any luck with vending. Don’t think I have ever sent a card to PSA from vending. No way I would spend that kind of money on such a boring product.. Would rather spend it on a nice graded card(s). To each his own.

For unopened collectors, graded cards are more boring than the cards in their original packaging. ;)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2021 5:58PM

@grote15 said:

@ElvisP said:

For unopened collectors, graded cards are more boring than the cards in their original packaging. ;)

Agree. Keep opening everyone else. I fully endorse it

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

Welp, I don't disagree, but then again I have had some luck with vboxes as a noob. I've just found that collecting unopened things is more appealing to me than not. I do it for three reasons I suppose: 1) just nice to have unopened old crap, 2) should hopefully be worth more than I shelled out when my kids inherit (or I retire and need pocket change infusion!), and 3) rainy day doldrums and can grab an unopened box and have some fun! #3 is most relevant. :)

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Sold out!

Glad someone sold me my only BBCE 1979 vending box for the ultra fair price of $600. Granted Tim probably made a nice margin on the sale. Thanks Tim!

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

@NJ80sBBC said:

@grote15 said:
    Sold out!

Glad someone sold me my only BBCE 1979 vending box for the ultra fair price of $600. Granted Tim probably made a nice margin on the sale. Thanks Tim!

You're very welcome, Mike! I wish I could keep it all but sometimes you need to sell to buy more!

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 79 Vending Box F/S if anyone wants one and missed out on the Flash sale. It’s BBCE FASC.

$1450 PP FF takes it and I can’t will cover insurance shipping. PM me if interest / want pics.

Steve