Home Sports Talk
Options

Baltimore Orioles should be relegated to AAA.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

14 losses in a row. No desire for ownership to spend money to make this team competitive.

I say let them go to AAA. Anyone here a fan ?
What a sad state of affairs.

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been a fan since 1966. It’s amazing how far they’ve fallen in just a few years. I don’t follow closely anymore but we’re they a playoff team 3-4 years ago?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Been a fan since 1966. It’s amazing how far they’ve fallen in just a few years. I don’t follow closely anymore but we’re they a playoff team 3-4 years ago?

Buffalo Bills and Baltimore Orioles fan? Weird combination

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭

Baltimore Orioles 3 world championships no sympathy here as a Mariners fan............

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah its been a rough couple a years. They have some nice talent in the minors (Rutschman, DL Hall, Grayson Rodriguez, Kjerstad, Gunnar Henderson, etc.) but they are all a ways away from the MLB team. The hitting has a few nice pieces (Mancini, Mullins, Santander) but the rest has been awful, the starting pitching has been awful outside of John Means and the bullpen has been terrible as well.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a shame. I have been to Camden Yards many times when I went to the Baltimore coin show. It’s a great place to see a game. I suppose if you are rooting for the opposition, it’s okay.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

When the Red Sox come to Camden Yards in the summer it’s a full stadium with 70% Red Sox fans.

The pitching has been horrible. The Orioles have historically had very good pitching.

They must have cut spending on scouting and minor league development. You tell me they can’t do like the A’s or Rays ?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2021 9:48AM

There is no desire by management to improve. With a terrible team and less fan support it will make it easier for the Orioles to leave Baltimore. Who can blame them?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Well sort of but Buffalo didn’t have a MLB team and I became aware of the Orioles with Palmer, Robinson, Boog Powell and the World Series. It just stuck and I became a loyal fan when all my friends were Yankee fans.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Well sort of but Buffalo didn’t have a MLB team and I became aware of the Orioles with Palmer, Robinson, Boog Powell and the World Series. It just stuck and I became a loyal fan when all my friends were Yankee fans.

Thought it was unAmerican to have friends who are Yankee fans.

Their stadiums nickname is named after a girls name. The house that Ruth built. Bunch of sissies.