Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Registry set question.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you get a registry set coin released that you now own, but can't find the registry set owner as their set is private. The seller of the coin to me did not know the original owner as he bought them in a group from another dealer.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

Email a photo of the coin in the slab (both sides) with Cert number to PCGS customer service explaining the problem.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t send it to customer service but the specific registry email address: setregistry@collectors.com

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:
    Email a photo of the coin in the slab (both sides) with Cert number to PCGS customer service explaining the problem.

Agree. It's worked for me.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you try to enter it and it gives you the "in someone else's set/inventory", after several days it will put a link up for you. I took a picture of the slab with the coin, on top of my cell phone showing the date and time and responded using that link. Released the next business day.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    If you try to enter it and it gives you the "in someone else's set/inventory", after several days it will put a link up for you. I took a picture of the slab with the coin, on top of my cell phone showing the date and time and responded using that link. Released the next business day.

3 Business days ... it works every time. Just check off the request when you see the notice to request removal ... you even get an email receipt. On your personal Registry dashboard page ... on left side a link labelled "ACTIVITY" ... you can see your request. Add the obv and rev photos to help. You will get a notice when they clear it

• Options

@pursuitofliberty said:

It doesn't say that, it only says__________each time.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

@jesbroken

Hmmmm ... Go to your Latest Activity page, and see if the coin is shown in the Removal Requests Sent window. If there, you should see an Upload icon. If not ... ???

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

@pursuitofliberty

Under latest added inventory it showed, but not on my inventory list. So I went and just clicked on the blank coin listing and it asked if I wanted to add it from my active list. I did and it did. So thanks to all of you for your replies.
    Jim

• Options
    edited May 30, 2021 10:06PM

Should anyone wish to view my half complete registry set of MS66FS Jefferson Nickels War Years it is below.
    Jim

Sorry couldn't get the album to copy.

• Options

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless they have fixed it the link wouldn't work for me. I had to email pictures. This was a couple of months ago.

@pursuitofliberty said:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file