Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Rainy Rip Day - 83 T pics, 90 Fleer Hoops w pics

balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a perfect day to rip and ruin a perfectly good BBCE box. 3 choices. Weigh in and most votes gets ripped later today.

83 T Vending BBCE FASC
81 Fleer Wax BBCE FASC
1990-91 Fleer Basketball Wax BBCE FASC

78 cello box BBCE (sorry Dan, just kidding!).

Pics to follow.

Steve

Comments

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

83t

• Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

1983 vending

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love rainy rip days!!!

• Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

81Fleer. To see if the cards have that ricin like powdered dust all over them. Wear a mask.

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sgt - good reminder. Do not want to pull a Craig Nettles and catch anthrax!

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

83 topps. my favorite eighties set.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 8:44AM

heart says 83 vending.

wallet says fleer basketball for the jordan showing packs thatll pay for it.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

• PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

83 please

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

83 vending

• 19591959 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

8 3

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

1983 all day long. Awesome stuff. Please share.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
    edited May 29, 2021 2:35PM

Ok ok. The Board has spoken. 83 T it is. Maybe will rip the basketball tomorrow.

Will get this started on an hour or so.

Some eye candy……hopefully Ryno, Tony and Wade just took some long awaited deep breadths.

• Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

Good luck 😃

@balco758 said:
    Ok ok. The Board has spoken. 83 T it is. Maybe we will the basketball tomorrow.

Will get this started on an hour or so.

my man.

Well, about 1/2 way through. No big 3 sightings yet. Some double collation / repeats. Vending isn’t at much fun as wax/cello - opening process goes too fast. 2 Ryan’s.

edited May 29, 2021 2:56PM

Have seen every Padre, Red Sox and Cub card except…..

Ricin Box ! Ricin Box ! :)

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Big Mike and Nolan, hiding the Reggie I see. Thanks for the rip. I cracked two boxes of 87T vending a while ago best card was a Will Clark. Happy hunting better luck with the basketball. Cheers.

those ryans look nice. 10s have been going for a pretty big penny right now.

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

that sucks, hopefully you stick the landing on a couple 10's including one of those ryans to pay for the rip.

While it is more fun to land the stud cards, ripping for me is still awesome.

Have to check the Ryan’s, but think they are far from certain 9’s. I’ve lost some interest in sub’s so the urgency to use the loupe etc, has dropped.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it bad that I was more excited to see the CS 1s than the 8-9 level cards?

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    While it is more fun to land the stud cards, ripping for me is still awesome.

Have to check the Ryan’s, but think they are far from certain 9’s. I’ve lost some interest in sub’s so the urgency to use the loupe etc, has dropped.

how centered are the common and semi stars and league leader cards. great rip.

Haven’t gone through them in any detail….quick look was solid+ centering / corners…at$25-50 a card, my first review was only focused on top cards….

Daltex

What is a “CS 1”??

• ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

Card Saver 1

Had heard the Card Saver 1’s were hard to come by. Found them easy enough on line. Maybe the shortage ended.

Thinking of ripping the 90 Fleer hoops. PSA is accepted packs yes? Any value in non MJ packs? Does anyone care about Shawn Kemp packs etx?

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2021 9:19AM

PSA is accepting packs, but it’ll take awhile. On top of the PSA slowdown, the recent BBCE blog post talks about how overwhelmed they are with packages:

If we process and ship 50 orders a day, 100-150 more come in that day. UPS, FEDEX and USPS back the trucks up daily and unload packages everywhere. Then there are the semis that bring orders by the pallets. We have the workers here who can wrap and ship without too much delay. However, authenticating it all takes an exceedingly long time.

I have a pack order that Arrived in mid-Oct that’s still in Research&ID…

Having said that, I have the same box that I’ve been thinking about opening for the Jordan packs too, so I’m also interested in any feedback on other appealing packs.

Jim

Thanks. Steve seems to be referring to wrapping but assuming his authentication for packs is same. He doesn’t do the pack slabbing at BBCE does he? The packs go from CA to BBCE then back to CA, then to the customer. I think.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2021 10:22AM

That’s my understanding - PSA sends to Steve for his authentication, then back to PSA for both grading and slabbing. I’ve always assumed that “Research&ID” includes the time at BBCE but not sure on that.

And I included the wrong part of their blog post - the PSA deliveries are off the charts too:

Most people already know, but BBCE is the one who also authenticates all the packs for PSA. Before all this market explosion, we would get 8-10 boxes a month (roughly 15x10x10 size) of packs to authentication. Well now the FEDEX truck backs up to the warehouse and unloads packs by the pallet every month. Yes, you read that right, pallets of packs monthly. The amount of work that needs to be done around here is just beyond comprehension. My employees and myself work like madmen around here (and women!). But the volume of material to authenticate/wrap/ship has become impossible.

Jim

Confirmed. Steve told me he gets a shipment once a month.

edited May 30, 2021 11:41AM

@balco758 said:
    Had heard the Card Saver 1’s were hard to come by. Found them easy enough on line. Maybe the shortage ended.

Thinking of ripping the 90 Fleer hoops. PSA is accepted packs yes? Any value in non MJ packs? Does anyone care about Shawn Kemp packs etx?

ehh. i kept one just in case. i keep the bird & magic ones too. certain boxes will have all star cards showing. i would save those as they seem to be on a somewhat rare basis.

Went through the stack again. A few pics…..will save for another rainy day and dream of a $8 special.

edited May 30, 2021 12:28PM

Few more. Prob not worth the cost of the Card Saver…..but feel guilty tosses them back in a shoebox.

Last one…now onto the 90 Fleer box

Onto the 90 Fleer

A nice box. Unfortunately, no MJ or other stars on top/bottom. Here are the best ones. 4 total MJs.

Top right Jordan possible ?

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sgt_D said:
    Top right Jordan possible ?

Upper right corner?

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I had a blast "watching"! Thank you!!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

no jordans front or back?

edited May 30, 2021 6:25PM

None on front or back. 2nd FASC box in a row with 0.

@balco758 said:
    None on front or back. 2nd FASC box in a row with 0.

dayum. im sorry. it does happen though. i think ive seen some boxes w/ as many as 4 but usually at least 1 w the avg prolly being just under 2, i would guess.

Yep. All good. You can start to tell when an MJ is coming though by the preceding cards…..