Home U.S. Coin Forum

Old School Cherry Picking Tool

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 25, 2021 9:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys, ever see one of these? Talk about getting a headache. Lol. Imagine using this to search a bank box of pennies. Whoa. What era is this from? Looks like a Boy Scout flashlight, doesn't it? :D

It still Works!

Many Pics

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vaguely remember that one or one very much like it. I have yet to find an illuminated magnifier I like.

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 10:27PM

You could fight off robbers with that thing and then go back to roll searching.
    Hats pretty neat. No idea when it’s from. It looks very 1950s to me, but what do I know? I wasn’t around for that.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a lack of a ZIP code for the address of the place would indicate that it was made before 1963. And the fact it was manufactured here in the USA indicates that it's pretty old, too.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of a cool loupe. But Would be hard to walk a show with that in you pocket or around your neck.

Hoard the keys.
  • ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s perfect for the Flav a Flav of coin collecting!

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 11:09PM
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice old magnifier light.... I have seen similar, though smaller, used at shows. Cheers, RickO

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I noticed the lack of a zip code, too. And the battery expired ten years ago.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file