Home Precious Metals
Options

Company promotion

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Nationwide" gold and bullion is running their promotion of gold eagles at $1700, you also get an MS70 Silver eagle as part of the deal and can pay with a credit card. The ad may be a few weeks delayed, but they usually honor the deal once per customer.

Phone #800-203-4155; key code: IM2687

I used it once and a friend did too. You may want to give them bogus contact info so you don't get bothered on follow up offers

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Below melt?

----- kj
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm currently suffering from reluctancy. One of those reward not worth the risk scenarios.

Better Business Bureau Alert

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I'm currently suffering from reluctancy. One of those reward not worth the risk scenarios.

But isn't D+ still a passing grade?

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobM said “ But isn't D+ still a passing grade?”

I guess it’s like buying a double eagle in “choice BU” and getting one that barely straight grades as MS60.

Higashiyama
  • Options

@derryb said:

You have to have a thick hide to deal with these companies. Just say you want the two Eagles promised, one gold and one silver, nothing else.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 8:24AM

You must ask yourself, “how can a company stay in business by making such an offer?”

Somebody’s going to end up with the short end of the stick, and it’s most likely going to be you.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    You must ask yourself, “how can a company stay in business by making such an offer?”

Somebody’s going to end up with the short end of the stick, and it’s most likely going to be you.

They sell really expensive plastic - I took the offer on 10 $5 AGE's last summer. I was offered graded bullion at 3X spot. Granted it was MS70 and signed by the bus driver for the kid who knew the son of the guy who said hi to the last US Mint Director...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That has more red flags than a May Day parade in Moscow. I will pass ... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, so all the customers victims were issued a refund. Not good enough to get my business. Buh bye. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

It's the loss leader approach to retail. Lose money on select items to bring in sales on more profitable items. Happens everyday at your local store.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the loss leader approach to retail. Lose money on select items to bring in sales on more profitable items. Happens everyday at your local store.

If you read the BBB complaints from the link provided by derryb (above), you will see that it's a bit more than a "loss leader" situation. Very unethical practices.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

They prey on the gullible, especially seniors. I've seen it over and over again even from big names and advertisers in numismatic publications over the years. I dealt with some on Long Island years ago when I was getting into the hobby. Page two of the Wall Street Journal, a certified $20 Saint or Lib. at cost then they have a phone number and address to follow up with with sales calls. Either they will be later promoting US eagle issues in MS70 that are technically grade rarities or low mintage, but of which they have an endless supply somehow, even though they are "rare"; or they offer raw coins with inflated grades graded by a "former" employee of a major grading service who works for them. Then they call up telling those duped that the coins have gone up a lot in price and would they like to sell them back as credit toward other "deals"?