Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hello, new to this? Does PSA have grader notes? Also, is there on the Forum a Please grade my card?

SpawnfreakSpawnfreak Posts: 46 ✭✭

Will the community grade my card?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards!

Post a high quality scan of the card.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

How do I post scan?

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

its almost impossible to perfectly grade a card by a picture on a web forum. its very hard to capture certain surface wrinkles or defects unless the angle and lighting are perfect. if you haven't mastered this or figured out what to look for, us telling you your card could be a 9 or 10 based upon centering, edges and corners alone would be upsetting to you when it comes back a 5 for a hard to detect surface wrinkle thats almost impossible for us to see by a scan, no matter how good the quality may be.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

I understand what dictoresno says, but I know this forum is not a paid grading forum, and I DO expect people to be brutally honest. So here are scans. You cannot possibly hurt my feelings.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

man, i needed this this am!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a 4.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Oh, while we're at it, is "no period after inc" really an error? I have a bunch of cards like that.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    That’s a 4.

So I may learn: Why a 4? Please be specific!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s a 9 in a new flip:

No border chips and 4 sharp corners; a modern card has to be perfect.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

That card in a 9 averages $9.58 and $35.99 in a PSA 10. Only grade it (when submissions resume) if you're in love with the card and need to have it slabbed. You won't be sending your kids to Stanford on the profit from that card.

• Options

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Many, many print dots at bottom and on left corner. plus it looks faded compared to the 9 . Not worth getting graded for the grading price. And I don't think the dot will have that much increase in value. ( 4 or 5.grade)

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Does the OP know it costs $300 to have a card graded?

• Options

@blurryface said:

@gemint said:
    That card in a 9 averages $9.58 and $35.99 in a PSA 10. Only grade it (when submissions resume) if you're in love with the card and need to have it slabbed. You won't be sending your kids to Stanford on the profit from that card.

im thinking he thinks its may be valuable bc there is no period following “inc” on the back.

There's no variation in the pop report. Unless this is a newly discovered and rare misprint, I don't think it is considered an error.

• Options
    edited May 25, 2021 1:00PM

@gemint said:

@blurryface said:

@gemint said:

im thinking he thinks its may be valuable bc there is no period following “inc” on the back.

There's no variation in the pop report. Unless this is a newly discovered and rare misprint, I don't think it is considered an error.

i agree. i ripped a ton of this stuff growing up. was huge into error cards but never had heard of this.

and fully admit, i laughed initially when the ‘89 donruss popped up after the previous thread set up and almost wrote it off a troll or joke. no offense op. it seemed kinda similar to a thread a few months back where the guy had the “wrong backed” but actually they were “two fronted” glossy donruss cards, i guess. most initially wrote them off as a newb w your basic standard wrong-backs. but they ended up actually being something unique.

but for someone getting into the hobby, it being bonds, i can see why he searched out and started a thread about this particular card considering there is a variance to it.

now, i doubt it pans out to anything monumental. but hey, at least i actually learned something new today.

• Options

Agreed, it's best to be safe and check. Maybe it will end up being a rare error. However, I think there are a lot of errors in this era of cards and many aren't tracked/recognized but not because they are rare. They just aren't significant enough to warrant a premium.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Here’s a 9 in a new flip:

No border chips and 4 sharp corners; a modern card has to be perfect.

That is a pretty card (the 9) is it not? And thank you to all who answered. I am 75, so not looking to send ANYONE to Stanford. Go ZAGS!

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 2:05PM

I'd say that Bonds is a 5 if it doesn't have a crease. I don't think you could sell that card for any amount of money graded or not. They are just too plentiful in high grade for anyone to buy a mid-grade copy.

Also, there are dozens of asterisk variations with Donruss cards in this period of time. Even with asterisk variations that are rare, it doesn't mean that many collectors care about them. And if PSA does not designate between variations, then it is even less likely that either variation will carry any sort of meaningful premium.

-Nathanael