Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wagner Sells for Record $3.75 Million

Goldin Auctions Saturday night

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wild times.

Owning this card is obviously an instant fortune should you be able to part with it.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Crazy that a Lebron card recently sold more than this. This card is the pinnacle of all cards.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 11:22AM

@Vagabond said:
    Crazy that a Lebron card recently sold more than this. This card is the pinnacle of all cards.

I could never understand how the Wagner became the pinnacle, I understand how rare it was but to me that's just not enough. IMHO the Ruth should have always been the pinnacle. I have to admit I have very little interest in the Wagner. I do love the Topps Mantle because at least my Dad and the older generation would talk about him.

It really shows how much of a shift to modern has happened. I also think you have a more diverse collector base out there that is interested in more than just baseball. Specifically not interested in baseball before integration. I would expect the modern to continue to sizzle. There are a lot more multi million year's out there then 30 years ago.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with Cakes. This may have BEEN the hobby card, but really shouldn't be, Hobby has changed and while the Wagner is pretty cool and iconic, the hobby is going through a pretty big shift.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

You guys are right about the shift In the hobby. But if I could pick one or the other, it’s Wagner over Lebron every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And if “twice on Sunday” is something you say too, you’re old enough to agree with me.

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

What would the 8 Wagner sell for at auction?

"Kendrick has reportedly turned down offers of at least $10 million for the card."

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emar said:
    What would the 8 Wagner sell for at auction?

"Kendrick has reportedly turned down offers of at least $10 million for the card."

I am sure we all know the story about the "8" Wagner. I don't see that card selling for a very long while.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine the Flying Dutchman taking a dive during a game....LOL.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.