Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What’s the next hot card, set, or era?

Curious as to what folks are seeing as the next hot thing in card collecting. Personally, I’ve been focused on high grade mid 1970s to early 1980s baseball HOFers, as I love the cards and feel they may be undervalued.

Comments

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre-2000 Non-sport cards dealing with computer sciences subjects.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

80s baseball is a great era for rookies; currently going thru a cool down period like many cards.
    Feels like good timing to keep chipping away at your favorites as the overall market comes back down to earth.

I'm a proponent of the mid-grade prewar era. You can never go wrong with centered examples.
    GL!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would stick with the modern NBA cards. Even if you don't hit on a big rookie you can still get Luka Doncic, Trae Young, Ja Morant,, Zion Williamson, Lamelo Ball, Anthony Edwards, second, third, and fourth year cards.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 2:22AM

any and everything associated w pop culture. ie cards of gaming, toys, popular movies and tv shows.

things like nintendo, marvel, star wars, gi-joe, rocky, ateam, goonies, indiana jones and everything in between will continue to explode simply because of the shorter amount of supply and the broader amount of collectors for these items. meaning theres a ton of folks out there that may not be football, basketball or baseball fans that grew up enjoying these things. conversely, theres also a ton of sport card collectors who also grew up enjoying these things. basically a much wider range of collectors for items produced in a much lower supply.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lacrosse cards? Nah, you're probably right... :wink:

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

UFC/MMA is picking up as it goes global... though Panini now has the Lic and will likely over saturate the market.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 9:13AM

Bart Simpson Cards. Due for a huge spike.
    Joking but it probably will some day.
    I like the blue chip T206s the best
    after wax

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

NASCAR

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 1:27PM

If I knew I'd b buyin' not tellin'

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nascar360 said:
    NASCAR

f1 seems pretty popular. ripped 4 boxes of sapphire the other day. pulled two #1 hamiltons. supposedly pretty good.

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    Pre-2000 Non-sport cards dealing with computer sciences subjects.

I hope so

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mario Mendoza rookie card.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    Mario Mendoza rookie card.

The 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe has a potential upswing