Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You think you have USPS woes when your package gets delayed? (warning: graphic images)

2»

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've been seeing a lot of videos of postal employees just flat-out tossing packages out of their vehicle on country roads and/or just throwing them out of their vehicles at people's properties or just kicking them out/around.

still probably the exception and not the rule.

based on what i see the average postal worker to and the wages listed, along with whatever benefits they get, that has seriously got to be a decent job all things considered, so long as you don't have a-holes for coworkers and/or supervisors. ???

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2022 3:44PM

WOW, you really didn't have to show me that right now!
    I shipped a package to GC last Monday registered mail. Well, yesterday I got an update that the package was now in Salt Lke City!!!!!! It took 5 days to go 350 miles from where I mailed it.
    Then they followed up with another email saying the package will be delivered on Saturday. NOT
    Now no updates available..........
    Haven't sleep since I sent it out............and now I see your's ahhhhh

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the coin that was damaged in shipping is now being sold as 'planchet defect'. 🤔

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    So the coin that was damaged in shipping is now being sold as 'planchet defect'. 🤔

The seller may not be familiar with the past history of this coin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2022 8:49AM

@PerryHall said:

@ajaan said:

It's being sold by the same auction house that sold it originally, received the damaged coin back and would not refund (had to get PayPal to issue a refund).

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@PerryHall said:

@ajaan said:

Same auction house that sold it originally, received the damaged coin back and would not refund (had to get PayPal to issue a refund).

I bet PayPal got their money back from the auction company.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair there is a small planchet defect, a small clip. I wonder why they did not mention the grinder marks >:)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2022 7:04PM

Here is the (OCONUS) TrueView of the OP coin, before being used as a tire chock;

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/35767538

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's sucks.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alpha33 said:

@TwoKopeiki said:

@PerryHall said:

@ajaan said:

It's being sold by the same auction house that sold it originally, received the damaged coin back and would not refund (had to get PayPal to issue a refund).

These are the same type of dealers that would offer a widow 1/2 of face value for her deceased husbands lifelong coin collection, under the premise that the coins are now obsolete.

Not to take away the focus from the main coin in this thread but I had some not so savory experience yesterday after getting my 2021 American Liberty 2021 High Relief Gold Coin (W) with 12,500 mintage from our host's on site grading at the Baltimore show. I was hoping for a PR 70 but sadly mine came back graded as a PR 69 DC.
    On a whim thought of upgrading to a 70 and approached a couple of those "we buy coins" tables where the vibe felt a little odd and the best they could offer me was $2500 when the coin itself was bout 3000 USD ($2865 plus other costs like S&H, grading costs etc.) and retail is $4000 + for the proof 70.
    Needless to say, not going to upgrade and will be holding on to what I have.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's sickening

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file