Options

Will Brady play until he's 50?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤔

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 9:42PM

Yes. He is probably a closet kicker. Time will tell.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way. I don’t care what his diet is, his body will start to feel it more and more around 45-46 I think

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goodness, I hope so. What will I do when my Tommy finally retires?

I will probably just stay home everyday, turn the lights out and watch the Falcons super bowl on a loop for a couple of years.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

rumor has it that Tommy has been working on his left arm and is expecting to get another 10 years throwing south paw. that should take him til at least his age 60 season.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has shown there is still fuel in the tank. As he gets older it will become more and more important he has top notch protection in the pocket. As you get older small injuries are magnified, recovery takes longer, If he has a season ending injury that may be when he hangs it up. BTW when Jim Brown was 49 teams were talking about signing him as a 4th and one or 4th and goal running back. The commissioner would not allow it. Since Brady is playing year after year I would expect the commissioner to stay out of it.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d say it’s unlikely but if there’s one thing I’ve learned after watching every single game he’s played in the NFL it’s to never doubt Tom Brady’s drive to prove people wrong.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some Brady fans insist that he is immortal.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Some Brady fans insist that he is immortal.

we don't insist it, we KNOW it!

• Options

in all seriousness, i fully expect him to play out his current contract which would have him playing through his age 45 season.

if he is still effective, and still sees the Bucs as contenders, I could see him playing a year beyond that.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little known fact, Tom Brady was actually born a couple thousand years ago and won his first championship in the javelin throw at the Roman Coliseum.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

The question isn't really if Brady can play until 50 but moreso, will he still have a top notch O line protecting him until he's 50?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2021 5:25PM

If he gets to 49 or 50 and is still playing well people will then start asking if he will play until he is 60.

Then 70 and beyond.

Why not talk about him playing until he turns 100 years old.

He is the GOAT and many love stories like this. People can live vicariously through Tom Brady and have some meaning, purpose and fulfillment in their lives.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i read an article the other day that said TB is starting to sprinkle left nut extract from an oceanic whitetip shark on top of his morning smoothies in hopes of playing until he's at least 85 years old

how does the onion know this stuff

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t beat him, though.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest