Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just to confirm, there's no "W" mint-marks for 2021 quarters, are there?

DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Just my luck.............

I swung by my bank (different branch) today to cash a check in for some more quarter rolls.

The last 5 I got were all direct from the U.S. Mint in special wrappers. I didn't need them, and was glad to find a fellow Forum member who was interested in the 3 rolls I hadn't opened yet, rather than dump them all back at my other bank. But I also lost out on the fun of going through those rolls looking for a few odd dates/mints I needed for a new ATB set........

THIS time, it looks like I got 5 rolls of new P-mint "Tuskeegee Airmen"............ I opened 1, but figure it's not worth opening the other 4 if there's no chance at an "W" mintmarks in 2021 rolls. I already have all the Tuskeegee P's I need............

That's ANOTHER anticipated evening of roll-searching ruined!! :(

-- Dave

Comments

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 2:31PM

I wondered the same thing the other day. I don’t keep up with the Mint, so I went to my CoinFacts app and saw that there were no W’s listed for 2021 on it. Good enough for me.

• Options

Thx!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

absolutely no 2021 W

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope! No 2021 W quarters

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 2:59PM

@DBSTrader2 said:
    Just my luck.............

I swung by my bank (different branch) today to cash a check in for some more quarter rolls.

The last 5 I got were all direct from the U.S. Mint in special wrappers. I didn't need them, and was glad to find a fellow Forum member who was interested in the 3 rolls I hadn't opened yet, rather than dump them all back at my other bank. But I also lost out on the fun of going through those rolls looking for a few odd dates/mints I needed for a new ATB set........

THIS time, it looks like I got 5 rolls of new P-mint "Tuskeegee Airmen"............ I opened 1, but figure it's not worth opening the other 4 if there's no chance at an "W" mintmarks in 2021 rolls. I already have all the Tuskeegee P's I need............

That's ANOTHER anticipated evening of roll-searching ruined!! :(

-- Dave

You can still search for errors or, possibly find a new DD or variety.

• Options

rec78:
    Unfortunately, at this point, my eyesight makes searching thru rolls for anything more than dates extremely tough - - not that I was any good at spotting errors/varieties/etc in the first place - - so I must leave that up to other collectors. :(

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBSTrader2 said:
    rec78:
    Unfortunately, at this point, my eyesight makes searching thru rolls for anything more than dates extremely tough - - not that I was any good at spotting errors/varieties/etc in the first place - - so I must leave that up to other collectors. :(

Me, too, but I am going to it until I cannot do it no more. I use a magnifier on every coin and do a few at a time. You use a computer magnifier and check them on a computer one at a time. Might take a long time to get anywhere, just something to do in spare time.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No 2021 W quarters.... and I have yet to find a W in the wild.... Though I keep looking, and even change a couple of dollars to quarters when I see a register drawer full of shiny new quarters. I have a couple of W quarters obtained from forum members, but would really like to find one in change - brings out the kid in me, memories of my days as a paper boy. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file