Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Forgot To Grade Card - Need Help

Nandrews508Nandrews508 Posts: 41

Has anyone ever paid for the Dual grading service and had PSA forget to grade the actual card? I submitted an expensive card via Premium 1 dual service this week and they graded the auto a 10 but just gave the card a N0:Authentic and forgot to grade the actual card. Customer service takes 5 days via email (I sent yesterday) and it will probably ship back to me by the time I hear back.

Any ideas on how to escalate? Does anyone have direct contact info with someone in ops or cust service at PSA?

How do you think they will rectify? Will they pay for a redo and shipping both ways?

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 4:26AM

@Nandrews508 said:
    Has anyone ever paid for the Dual grading service and had PSA forget to grade the actual card? I submitted an expensive card via Premium 1 dual service this week and they graded the auto a 10 but just gave the card a N0:Authentic and forgot to grade the actual card. Customer service takes 5 days via email (I sent yesterday) and it will probably ship back to me by the time I hear back.

Any ideas on how to escalate? Does anyone have direct contact info with someone in ops or cust service at PSA?

How do you think they will rectify? Will they pay for a redo and shipping both ways?

post a pic of the card? maybe the card is just "authentic" meaning a numerous things could have occurred to keep it as simply authentic. which means technically they did grade it. i had this occur w a couple of various hof auto'd rcs when i was doing that run. damn '71 blyleven still haunts me.

anyways, don't wanna speculate though w/o seeing what were actually discussing.

• Options

Sure thing! Card is easily a PSA 5 or 6 maybe even a 7 so I don't understand. I think they just went to fast and didn't grade the card.

• Options

FYI, I think I got an explanation from the rep. This was stored in a screw case, which can stretch the card. Thankfully I did the dual grade and was able to get an Auto 10 with his full sig. I'll have to watch out for screw cases going forward!

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think your card is stretched, it's crunched.... or rather thinned/flattened by the screw-down. I'm curious if the flip says Authentic, or Authentic ALTERED, which is what it should as the flattening is considered an alteration. Nice card.

If you really want to attempt to get the card graded, you could crack it (or cross it if it doesn't say altered) and try BGS. I guess it depends if you are more concerned for PC or for selling.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    did they not holder it?

great freaking card regardless. super jealous of that full auto. very rare!

here's mine...

Yes! I got an N0: Authentic and Auto:10. So its all holdered and good to go. I know his social media guy and have been working on a guilt trip for months and got him to sign two rookie cards with his full name. The second one also has its points as an inscription :). He will also do the 1972 Comspec when I can find a decent one.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    I don't think your card is stretched, it's crunched.... or rather thinned/flattened by the screw-down. I'm curious if the flip says Authentic, or Authentic ALTERED, which is what it should as the flattening is considered an alteration. Nice card.

If you really want to attempt to get the card graded, you could crack it (or cross it if it doesn't say altered) and try BGS. I guess it depends if you are more concerned for PC or for selling.

It's officially N0: Authentic and got a 10 on the auto so I'm good to go and it's graded and holdered and on the way back to me. It didn't say alterered or any of that crap thankfully - I think paying for the Premium 1 service helped in my favor. If I sell it some day 30 years from now I kind of like the fact this nice looking card will have a "mysterious" card grade.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nandrews508

That’s some card.

Congratulations

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@Nandrews508

That’s some card.

Congratulations

Thanks! Just wish the damn card was graded. At least it looks sharp and centered.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nandrews508 said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@Nandrews508

That’s some card.

Congratulations

Thanks! Just wish the damn card was graded. At least it looks sharp and centered.

As long as a potential buyer has two working eyes, you will be a-ok. That thing should practice Santeria because it is sublime.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2021 9:06AM

That is nice.... but is it me or is the "seal" already showing some signs of crackage?

So you gonna try to cross it to BGS to get a grade, prob say min 5/6 or higher?

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    That is nice.... but is it me or is the "seal" already showing some signs of crackage?

So you gonna try to cross it to BGS to get a grade, prob say min 5/6 or higher?

Gotta love PSA right? I literally just got it yesterday haha. All of these big tallboy card cases seem to have a little marking on the right side plastic. This one is actually the best they have done for me in terms of condition. Others have been much worse.

I'm holding onto the card and handing down to my son (who is 6) so I'm just going to leave it as is. I think it is one of 4 Full signature PSA 10 Autos on any card of any kind by him so that is kind of cool. If my son sells it in 30 years then someone can look at the card and assume their own grade - at least it looks like a 5/6 and its not beat up.