Organized images:

1947 Pointed 7 #1?

1947 Pointed 7 #2?

Possible Arnprior

Last One

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

The two 47 Pointed 7’s have value. The others are lesser coins in comparison.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes there is some value... that value is tough to estimate based on the images

the first is a 1947 pointed 7 and it looks as if the HP is doubled. This coin looks as if it may have been cleaned

The second also looks to be another pointed 1947 pointed 7

followed by a 1955 and 1956- then a portrait of George VI- Not sure what that one is paired with. Further down, you two Elizabeth II that look amazing and could be worth submitting. And that would especially be the case if either of those are paired with an arnprior. further down, you do have a 1955 arnprior- that is the second one. i am not able to tell if the other 55s are arnpriors. I think you may have 2 1955 arnpriors if the Elizabeth II fourth from the bottom is the match for the 55 sixth from the bottom.

You have some possible submission candidates.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the delay and confusion. I had to organize the images to they made sense. PCGS can sometimes randomize the upload.

Are there any coins to take better pictures of?

I usually just deal with US coins. I saw that the pointed 7s can have some value and the ARNPRIOR can as well. Does anyone have a rough value on these? Maybe get them graded to help know for sure? Sorry for all of the questions - a bit out of my element with these.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 916 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 9:03AM

You may have to pay more for the certs and shipping than any profit to be made. Check the EBay "sold" items to get an idea. Just run a regular search for the coin and then go to the "advanced search" link very upper right. Just check to check for "sold" items and you'll see what coins like yours have actually SOLD for on Ebay, not just the asking price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1947+pointed+7+canada+dollar&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=14223&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=100&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

Nice! The 1958 British Columbia is my favorite reverse design.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I also don't think you would get much, if any premium at all having them certified.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2021 8:22AM

IF you can have some of these certified by a CAN TPG, it may be worth your while.
    your keys are 47 P7 and 55 Arn. If each makes at least 60 the four together could sell for around 800 to 900+ IMO.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

The keys are the 1948 and 1966 small beads and of course the 1911 (3 exist).

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keys in the series are really defined more by the grade that you are seeking. High end coins MS65 and higher can be very elusive.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.