Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Price bubble for Unc Dollars?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at a shop today that said the price had gone up a lot on Unc. Morgans, Peace dollars etc.. I looked at their Heritage Auctions buy sell list, Upstate's list, etc.. They said this has been going on for weeks now and Greysheet is way behind. Could someone recap dollar issues that are seeing considerable increases?

Comments

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its crazy, Ha and upstate buying prices have been going up weekly.

I used to sell Common UNC Morgans on ebay and they would bring 36-42 bucks on avg, the past month, they are bringing 48-65. xf/ AUs bringing well over 30.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they have been getting a premium lately. Silver Eagle premiums remain higher than usual also.

• Options
    Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

I had the 1921 Peace in MS63 on my radar last year, in anticipation that it may increase in price this year. They were priced around $750 last year. I hadn't pursued one in some time, and recently looked some up, and now you're lucky to find one for $1000, and likely up to $1300.

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

At the Las Vegas show last week PCGS, NGC graded Morgan’s wholesale prices were MS -63 $67, MS -64 $88, MS65-$170 and $240 for 66’s. The prices have gone up this week even more.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I can tell, everything is up. Coins, real estate, building supplies, metals, gas, airfare, rental cars, hotel prices, groceries.........

Not to be political, but I think the value of a dollar is just down.

But yeah, silver dollars seem to be especially booming.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the price of silver metal increasing in all forms (coin, rounds, bars).... and also higher prices in general across the board (as noted above). Wood products for building are ridiculous right now. I believe we have some rough riding ahead.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with everything said above!
    Prices are a little to high for me to buy at this time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file