Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Pickup......

heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

Planning on sending this in as my first crossover submission to our hosts. Hoping it is at least AU in the end. Sorry for the poor photos. Any SEGS lovers out here?

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

In your images the color does not look natural/original.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

TomB Posts:
    May 5, 2021 1:22PM
    In your images the color does not look natural/original

The lighting was bad. It’s raining in NJ. In hand it looks to me to be ok. I’ll be finding out soon when I send it in.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

And what a pickup it is! Nice. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    In your images the color does not look natural/original.

That was my first thought. Going with it (and giving SEGS the benefit of the doubt, which I'm not sure is a great idea, but I digress) it could be a muted red which often garners an RB at PCGS and NGC in the sense that while the overall color is red, it's a bit off/not flashy enough to be called RD. Beyond overall hue, there doesn't seem to be much of a different color on the coin that you'd traditionally see for a RB coin.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially this picture, looks polished. But it could be the light.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:
    Especially this picture, looks polished. But it could be the light.

I'm more concerned at what could be a greenish tint near the rim, although it could just be shadows from the plastic.

Can those be submitted in the holder as a crossover? The SEGS holder is worthless on that coin. I'd be prone to crack it out, give it a bath and submit it raw.

• Options
    truebloodtrueblood Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

There is a reason it's in that holder, and its a dam good one

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat coin. Strong doubling!

peacockcoins

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some SEGS slabs are on the money grade wise. I used to have quite a few coins in Larry's slabs. When I cracked 'em out and sent them to PCGS nearly all graded within a point of the SEGS grade. A few even went up in grade. If you are sure there's no problem with the coin I'd crack it out before submitting it. But be advised-you're in for some work getting it out of that slab.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great DDO in the Lincoln series, hope the grading works out for you.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you plan on using C4 or a chainsaw to crack it? :D

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those slabs have a reputation for being difficult to crack, so it may be better to submit in the slab. Hard to evaluate from those pictures, so just submit and let us know the results. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Those slabs have a reputation for being difficult to crack, so it may be better to submit in the slab. Hard to evaluate from those pictures, so just submit and let us know the results. Cheers, RickO

SEGS uses a softer plastic that doesn’t really shatter so it need to be fully cut. Angle cutters still work like a charm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file