Home U.S. Coin Forum

Positive feedback I could live without...

MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Better late than never."

Thanks, guy- I really appreciate it.

Oh, yeah- the item was received within the the estimated time frame eBay provided, so there's that.

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously the buyer thought you were responsible for the postal slowdown.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL yeah that’s rough 😆 there are all types out there that’s for sure

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love ebay... all kinds! It's been over a year since I bought anything from a vendor on ebay, but I just stuck my toe back in the water today. Ebay is giving the package a week to get here... I was expecting longer!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 5:39PM

I had a guy that has become a good customer leave me feedback I didn't like. He bought 4 or 5 nice problem free fines. Decided to collect slabbed and higher grade so he returned 5 coins! That's more returns than I've had in the last 2 years combined. On top of that he left positive feedback. "Returned, Just didn't like it" on all of them. On the bright side I've sold him around 5K now instead of the $300 or so he returned. Ya just never know.

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a nice note.

Guy thanked me for my efforts, but USPS failed us both.

Always appreciate good feedback, and even negative or neutral messages help me step up my game.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

…tell him to save it for his next paycheck ;)

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 5:14PM

last week I had a guy submit an offer, which I countered, and he accepted. A few days went buy and I got my first non-positive feedback in 20 years on eBay which was just "expensive reseller". No communication prior... I guess he was a grumpy old man angry about his life decisions. I sent a message asking what I could do to resolve the problem and he said he was surprised I reached out and that he could have left worse feedback. Then went on to tell me to enjoy my spoils.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! Everybody's a reseller aren't they?

@jessewvu said:
    last week I had a guy submit an offer, which I countered, and he accepted. A few days went buy and I got my first non-positive feedback in 20 years on eBay which was just "expensive reseller". No communication prior... I guess he was a grumpy old man angry about his life decisions. I sent a message asking what I could do to resolve the problem and he said he was surprised I reached out and that he could have left worse feedback. Then went on to tell me to enjoy my spoils.

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    LOL! Everybody's a reseller aren't they?

I picked my 1800s coinage out of change, sir. Just been holding onto it for a while lol

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

My standard feedback is as described, highly recommended. I figure that covers it.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could have been worse. He could have left you negative feedback that said "Great coin"

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Could have been worse. He could have left you negative feedback that said "Great coin"

Could have, but not anymore. :)

@SaorAlba said:
    Obviously the buyer thought you were responsible for the postal slowdown.

I suppose that's to be expected since eBay thinks I am, too.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah the trials and tribulations of dealing on ebay.... I have said it before... it was once (years ago) a great place to buy things....Cheers, RickO

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 7:01AM

Sounds like it's getting pretty rough out there in Coin Dealer World. Positively psychically devistatingly rough.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a fun one. Guy left positive feedback and said "no keyboard arrived".

...buddy you ordered a set of quarters.

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the comment.

ANY SANE person in the US understands that the USPS is not running at peak performance, even considering potential weather delays.

I would not use that feedback as a reason why I would not bid on one of your items.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

@Cameonut said:

I'm not. It's just one of those frustrating/funny things you run into from time to time.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:

ANY SANE person in the US understands that the USPS is not running at peak performance, even considering potential weather delays.

I would not use that feedback as a reason why I would not bid on one of your items.

I would hope the seller responded to this feedback by pointing out the mail delivery was greatly slowed down by a major pandemic.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, ebay should do away with 'shipping' stars.
    The customers don't look at that as the postmark date, they look at that as the length of shipping time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file