Home U.S. Coin Forum

The show must go on ... Long Beach Sept 30-Oct 2

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously need a large show. I truly miss the hands-on experience of looking at coins.

What's your best guess?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

The show must go on ... Long Beach Sept 30-Oct 2

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 3:40PM

Almost 70 views and 12 votes, lol. I voted no as I do not think that CA will be allowing any mass gatherings indoors that soon yet, however I sure do hope it turns out to be yes.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 6:10AM

FUN in Jan '22 is more realistic for me.

Great news, Southwest has now come into town with alot more flights corresponding to big east coast shows.

Super stoked!

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 3:55PM

You and me both buddy. I voted yes just because I really want to attend. But given Cali, probably not.

• jomjom Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think it will be the early 2022 show that is next...we'll see.

jom

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 781 ✭✭✭✭

not sure how this works but I'd trade ANA for Long Beach

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

That time of year is best spent on the coast, beaches, or out deep sea fishing in SoCal.

I am looking forward to an endless summer here in San Diego as I am fully vaccinated.

Winter 2022 Long Beach is best for me B)

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bet money that if the show doesn't happen, it won't be because of state regulations. Any takers, Cali haters?

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really surprised to see california announce that june 15 is going to be full opening with no capacity limits. I assume that means that technically the september show could happen. However, as has been said previously, the convention center is currently being filled with migrant children. They might still be there in September even though I believe as of now they are not supposed to.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Sporting events are happening (Lakers, Clippers) and concerts are scheduled so I believe LB will happen. It’s still a long way off.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 6:42PM

@Orlena said:
    Sporting events are happening (Lakers, Clippers) and concerts are scheduled so I believe LB will happen. It’s still a long way off.

Lakers and Clippers are limited to 2000 fans and Angels are limited to 25% of seating capacity.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:
    FUN is more realistic for me.

Great news, Southwest has now come into town with alot more flights corresponding to big east coast shows.

Super stoked!

FUN is in July which well before is before Long Beach.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't happen,,,,,,,,, not in California.

GrandAm :)
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 47 or 48 states, it would happen. In CA, probably not.

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

@yspsales said:
    FUN is more realistic for me.

Super stoked!

FUN is in July which well before is before Long Beach.

I was thinking January '22

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just before the next flu/covid wave in the fall.

thefinn
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should happen.... no reason to continue these restrictions. There have been large gatherings here for months now... Gun shows and other activities. Just had another gun show last weekend... Thousands of attendees and fully packed with vendors. Fifth one this year. We are open for business and social events. Cheers, RickO

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has there been any talk about changing the location to the Anaheim Convention Center if Long Beach is unavailable? Orange County compared to LA County may be a better location during the pandemic.

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 9:42AM

@thefinn said:
    Just before the next flu/covid wave in the fall.

Read the highly-praised "The Great Pandemic" by John Barry, Written in 2004, it offers many stories that now resonate with our current situation. The social responses, the political responses, the scientific research. The successes and failures.

The graphs show that the second winter of "Spanish Flu" produced more virulent yet less deadly mutations than the first. The transmission vectors and rates are foreseeable.

I guess I'm a big-shot dealer and can get away with tossing around this number. If I were offered $5000 to attend a Winter FUN without temperature checks and masking requirements, this 77 year-old would pass.

But there's not going to be a Winter FUN Show. Surely another topic. For October. :#

Read the book.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinPhysicist said:
    I'm really surprised to see california announce that june 15 is going to be full opening with no capacity limits. I assume that means that technically the september show could happen. However, as has been said previously, the convention center is currently being filled with migrant children. They might still be there in September even though I believe as of now they are not supposed to.

That may play a role. On the other hand think of all the YN opportunities if the kids are still there.

• CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Until the CDC says it's ok for people to mix in large crowds, there should not be coin or gun shows.

Some venues have been cancelled because the promoters can't get insurance against post-event covid-related lawsuits by people who become infected.

Vaccinated or not, get covid and spin the wheel of fortune and hope you are not one of the 30% who will have a chronic disability afterward.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
This discussion has been closed.